[NL20-NL50] NL25FR Decent Spot to Bluff Check/Raise flop?

• DaPhunk
      Party Poker $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $5.55
      MP1: $26.30
      MP2: $24.39
      CO: $25.00
      BTN: $31.34
      Hero (SB): $24.34
      BB: $31.31
      UTG: $24.72

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with J :diamond: K :diamond:
      UTG calls $0.25, 4 folds, BTN raises to $1, Hero calls $0.90, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.25) 8 :heart: 3 :heart: 2 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets $1.75, Hero raises to $5, UTG folds, BTN folds

Is this a decent spot to take it down on the flop? People seem to act very scared on this kind of board so I thought it was a good spot. I'm trying to get a feel for bluff C/R spots like this.

• 3 replies
    • TetraQuark

Yes I believe this kind of board is great for ch/r cuz as u say ppl get pretty scared of monoboards but I don`t know if it is better to do it in hu pot or 3 way too.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      It's really good but you should carefully consider which flops you should check raise.Your position is superior as you raise vs 3 guys which will make your hand look godlike.I'd advice you to do this in 3 way pot when you got the same position to raise vs 2.Flops which are good in my opinion are even the drawless ones since there your hand is 99% 2pair/Set : Q 7 2 / K 9 5 / A T 5 etc etc.I usually avoid A high flops but other are nice.Be sure you are quite sure about ur opponent hand range and think about what you do if he just calls cause he can make a hero call with Q on ( Q 7 2 ) board or overpairs even but he might fold them to further action.You should be really sure about ur opponents hand!

At this particular hand.The spot is really great but the flop isn't every1 can have a piece of it and imagine the preflop raises going on with AA with A of hearts or even KK with a heart,so not a great flop to do it ,it would be nice if you are holding A(of hearts)+x.This you say can be semi bluff but you don't got any value in just calling for hitting ur flush since you won't get payed off etc.
    • Kaitz20
      I´ve never tried to do that so I can´t really say if it would work on regular bases, but consider that you have likely quite few equity if get called, you´re oop and likely going to c/f on the turn or burn money by barreling I think fold seems better option