[NL2-NL10] NL2 QQ Drawless board

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($2.29)
      UTG ($1.10)
      UTG+1 ($2.22)
      MP1 ($1.92)
      Hero (MP2) ($2)
      MP3 ($2.88)
      CO ($2.12)
      Button ($3.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q
      UTG+1 bets $0.06, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.12, 5 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.27) 5, 4, J (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.14, UTG+1 calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.55) 9 (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.35, UTG+1 raises to $1.96 (All-In), Hero ?

What do?

Villain is 13/6
  • 4 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      increase 3bet size p/f its hard to figure out the opponents range of hands when you just minraise you also want them to call worse hands with worse odds and want to build the pot while your ahead.

Postflop i have no experience of average nl2 play so i'll leave that to the hand judge.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Definitly 3bet more preflop (like $0,18), bet more on flop (like 2/3 pot), on turn I like to bet about 1/3 of my remainig stack so I can easily ship it on river, and of course I would call his all-in bet here. He could be slowplaying JJ, or he could even have 99 because you didn't reraise enough preflop but I think you're in front too many times to fold.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, that must be a big leak in my play, the 3 bet value
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Oly0909
      Definitely 3bet more preflop (like $0,18), bet more on flop (like 2/3 pot), on turn I like to bet about 1/3 of my remaining stack so I can easily ship it on river, and of course I would call his all-in bet here. He could be slowplaying JJ, or he could even have 99 because you didn't reraise enough preflop but I think you're in front too many times to fold.
      Makes sense overall.

Given the board tho I'd say Jx is never folding and other hands are more likely to call the turn than to call the river since by then all draws will have missed, so I would bet bigger than just 1/3 on the turn even if it leaves me with only like 1/3 pot to shove on the river. If it was a dryer board like J62r7r than it would indeed make more sense to make sure no small pair gets to fold by betting smaller.

As far as the turn is concerned when he check/shoves it's tough to say, except combo hands with clubs there aren't that many things he could just go nuts with all of a sudden, so most of the time this is a hand that planned on a c/c c/s line. That means unless he's bad enough to think top pair is the nuts, we're not in good shape. Still it's nl2, most players are really bad and it would probably a mistake to fold our overpair for that price without a better read on villain.

Hope it helps.