Learning more about SSS

• Stixxx
      Stixxx
      Bronze
      So I'm new to PS and would like to use the SSS for my poker playing. I passed the quiz and I'm just waiting to get my $50.

So does any one know where I can do some more studying on SSS and how can i build my confidence?

Thanks guys, I've read a few posts and everyone seems real helpful.
  • 14 replies
    • OONOShortstack
      OONOShortstack
      Bronze
    • Stixxx
      Stixxx
      Bronze
      Thanks I got it, now I just have to figure out how it works!

But thanks for the help.
    • OONOShortstack
      OONOShortstack
      Bronze
    • lollujo
      lollujo
      Bronze
      I only joined the site 2 weeks ago, and I'm a complete poker newbie, but I've found the best source of information about SSS is the articles on this site. They've taken me from a standing start to almost doubling my starting capital, and I'm still not read all the Silver articles.

My advice would be to read all the Basic SSS articles now, get the starting hand chart printed out and practice with it on some play money tables while you wait for your $50. That way you'll already know most of it when you start playing for real money, so you won't waste time checking every hand against the chart.

Then once you get your money, read all the Bronze articles before you start playing. They're definately worth it! Before you know it you'll have unlocked the Silver articles and then the only way is up!
    • Stixxx
      Stixxx
      Bronze
      Thank you both, got my starting capital this morning. But I've decided to work my way through the bronze articles first and then I'll start playing.

I have been playing on the play money tables while I waited for my $50. I just really have to get used to how few hands I actually play. But I'm really enjoying the learning curve.

If you guys have any other advice, don't be shy.

But thanks for the help so far!
    • Stixxx
      Stixxx
      Bronze
      There is one more thing I have been wondering about. How much time should I spend playing? Is there a minimum time per day I should be spending at the tables?

lollujo you said you doubled your starting $50 in two weeks. How much time did you spend playing?

Any suggestions?
    • OONOShortstack
      OONOShortstack
      Bronze
    • Stixxx
      Stixxx
      Bronze
      No as I've been reading a lot on the forums lately I've noticed that some people say SSS is dead, especially on FTP. That is a problem seeing as my $50 is on FTP.

Is it true that SSS is dead and doesn't really work on FTP any more? What am I to do if that is the case?
    • lollujo
      lollujo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stixxx
      lollujo you said you doubled your starting $50 in two weeks. How much time did you spend playing?
      According to PokerTracker I've spent 32.5 hours playing in the last 2 weeks, so that works out at about 2-2.5 hours a day.

Originally posted by OONOShortstack
      only you can decide that.

But beacuse you are new to the game i would do 50% playing 50% studying your game.

GL
      I'd definately agree with this. I probably spend more time studying and reading blogs and forum posts than I do playing at the moment. There's so much to learn, and I'm only just scratching the surface.
    • lollujo
      lollujo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stixxx
      No as I've been reading a lot on the forums lately I've noticed that some people say SSS is dead, especially on FTP. That is a problem seeing as my $50 is on FTP.

Is it true that SSS is dead and doesn't really work on FTP any more? What am I to do if that is the case?
      I don't play on Full Tilt, but from what I understand the minimum buyin is 35 big blinds. For SSS you need to be buying in with 20 big blinds. I would suggest looking in to BSS rather than SSS. I tried playing SSS on Party, who also have a minimum buy in of 35 big blinds, and found it was almost impossible.
    • OONOShortstack
      OONOShortstack
      Bronze
    • Stixxx
      Stixxx
      Bronze
      So basically if I play on FTP my bankroll management is going to be wrong from the start. Not a good way to start.

Man this sucks. I shouldn't have gone with FTP. I guess my only solution is to play BSS now.

What do you guys think?
    • OONOShortstack
      OONOShortstack
      Bronze
    • Stixxx
      Stixxx
      Bronze
      Huh?