This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 nl10 rush

• jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      Vpip/Pfr/3bet

villan: 15/10/3 62 hands

Preflop: not sure whether to 4bet or call leaving myself oop without initive postflop

Postflop: he can only really stay in the hand if he has an ace or heartflush draw which is v small range of his hands this is also why i made my raise small.

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $11.70
      BB (Hero):
      $14.09
      UTG1:
      $3.80
      UTG2:
      $1.38
      MP1:
      $3.65
      MP2:
      $21.60
      MP3:
      $10.25
      CO:
      $13.39
      BU:
      $11.09

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 9.
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU raises to $0.80, SB folds, Hero calls $0.70, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.95) 3, A, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.20, Hero raises to $2.70, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.15.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just fold 99 preflop, you don't have anywhere near the odds you need to setmine in a multiway 3-bet pot and it's a pain in the ass play 99 out of position postflop. CO will get pissed at BU sometimes as well and we'll just waste 8bb overcall/folding to his 4-bet. Since you can't really 4-bet and call it off either against people at nl10 and you will have opportunity to 4-bet bluff with "better hands trash hands" (read like with high pairs blockers), you don't need to force yourself to do something with 99 just because it's a middle pair.

Postflop I wouldn't do anything against a 15/10 with a 3% 3bet%, it's a small sample and it could just be variance but you don't even know if he's capable of making that 3-bet as a bluff, so you're basically gambling that he's capable of being full of shit in that spot. So yes if you have some clue about him doing that light, otherwise I don't think it's worth the trouble, especially when you bet small enough that bad players might get curious/stubborn with KK-QQ and leave you in a crappy spot.

Hope it helps.