[NL2-NL10] 99 nl10 rush

• jmackenzie

villan: 15/10/3 62 hands

Preflop: not sure whether to 4bet or call leaving myself oop without initive postflop

Postflop: he can only really stay in the hand if he has an ace or heartflush draw which is v small range of his hands this is also why i made my raise small.

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 9.
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU raises to $0.80, SB folds, Hero calls $0.70, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.95) 3, A, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.20, Hero raises to $2.70, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.15.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Just fold 99 preflop, you don't have anywhere near the odds you need to setmine in a multiway 3-bet pot and it's a pain in the ass play 99 out of position postflop. CO will get pissed at BU sometimes as well and we'll just waste 8bb overcall/folding to his 4-bet. Since you can't really 4-bet and call it off either against people at nl10 and you will have opportunity to 4-bet bluff with "better hands trash hands" (read like with high pairs blockers), you don't need to force yourself to do something with 99 just because it's a middle pair.

Postflop I wouldn't do anything against a 15/10 with a 3% 3bet%, it's a small sample and it could just be variance but you don't even know if he's capable of making that 3-bet as a bluff, so you're basically gambling that he's capable of being full of shit in that spot. So yes if you have some clue about him doing that light, otherwise I don't think it's worth the trouble, especially when you bet small enough that bad players might get curious/stubborn with KK-QQ and leave you in a crappy spot.

Hope it helps.