[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Qj

• letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Villian unknown. I 2nd barrel to stop the floats that people love to do on these kind of boards.

Stacks:
      UTG ($36.28)
      UTG+1 ($36.57)
      Hero ($26.89)
      BTN ($25.35)
      SB ($23.55)
      BB ($22.37)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is CO Q:diamond: J:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, BTN calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: A:spade: 9:club: 3:diamond: ($2.35, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BTN calls $1.50

Turn: Q:club: ($5.35, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.75, BTN calls $2.75

River: J:spade: ($10.85, 2 players)
      Hero bets $8, BTN calls $8
  • 2 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Your argument for firing 2br isn't too logical considering you hit a 2nd pair.
      You can't really value bet since almost any worser hand that call the flop will now have to fold when anther over-card showed up.
      So by betting you actually stop him from bluffing if he did floated the flop.
      (Btw I'm not sure how often an unknwon will decide to float you on an A high dry flop)
      So better lines would be c/c or c/f.
      As played once we hit 2pair on the river we have a clear vbet against Ax so I actually like betting again.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maya1984
      Your argument for firing 2br isn't too logical considering you hit a 2nd pair.
      You can't really value bet since almost any worser hand that call the flop will now have to fold when anther over-card showed up.
      So by betting you actually stop him from bluffing if he did floated the flop.
      (Btw I'm not sure how often an unknwon will decide to float you on an A high dry flop)
      So better lines would be c/c or c/f.
      As played once we hit 2pair on the river we have a clear vbet against Ax so I actually like betting again.
      +1
      I also think that c/c is a little better option than firing again, since you won´t make fold Ax hand, he may sometimes bluffraise you and you have to b/f better hand and if he was floating you don´t mind if he barrels turn
      River valuebet is standard