[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 JJ on re-raised pot

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.16
      MP1:
      $9.96

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:diamond: , J:club:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, MP1 raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($2.15) Q:diamond: , Q:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($2.35) 8:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

River: ($3.95) A:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1.20, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5.15

Don´t see much point re-raiseing his min bets. To me it is wa/wb situation and I would call him down. Ace is not so nice card, I decided that I can´t beat anything and can´t call his 1/3rd pot bet.
  • 4 replies
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze
      I would have defiently reraised his minbet to like 1.5 dollars, then take it from there on, if i would face alot of resistance i would lay it down of chorse.I think he bet so little because he had a flushdraw, wich me made on the river.You've got to follow trough with your hands man!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      What hand would I beat on the river;) I could re-raise 1,5$ but if he calls, I´m done with the hand. Calling min bet is just safe and if he does have the flush draw then he would call my raise anyway. Only hand that he might consider lay down is AK.
    • logitechzen
      logitechzen
      Bronze
      Yes, if he calls you slow down.But if you call you're saying you have nothing.Its true that you dont beat any hand on the river, thats because flush draws are hit and AK hit his ace.You mentioned that if he has a flush draw he will call anyway, thats exactly what you want to happen!!How's calling a minbet safe, he could have tons of outs he could hit with super odds.True, only had he'd lay down is AK, but betting for the other guy to fold to me is only valuable when you're bluffing, you're betting to get the maximum value.

You have position, use it.Im betting 1,5 on the flop if he calls ill be suspecios, id still bet 4 on the turn, (but thats just me).Check/call the turn is probably better. And the river, umm, depends on how much he's asking.

By the look of the hand it looks that the guy had AK, or maybe 1010 99.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

I think you should raise on the flop to get information. If he calls or raises you, you are done with the hand. But if he has AK you are taking down the pot.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81