This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

tilt problem

• Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I've had issues with tilt for quite a while, and every time afterwards I was sure I had it all under control. Today I was up 2 BI when I suffered a cooler, and lost another BI with two unsuccessful bluffs against the same opponent. Should have quit right then and there while I was still break-even, but I started thinking "come on, he can't have it every time, I've got to win at least this one". That ended up costing me 3 more buy-ins before I realized I was on apeshit tilt.

Throughout it all I heard a voice in the back of my head saying "bro, you're making this personal, just quit now and continue when you get your mind straight". Still I ended up ignoring it, and now I'm really not sure what to tell myself when I get frustrated with the game, apparently it takes a few lost BI before I come to my senses. Any pointers?
  • 2 replies