Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $4.13
      Hero:
      $6.38

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:club: , T:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0.18, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.18, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.44) Q:club: , 3:spade: , 8:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.44, Hero raises to $1.06, MP2 calls $0.62.

Turn: ($2.56) Q:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP2 raises to $2.89 (All-In), Hero calls $1.39.

River: ($8.34) 3:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.34

I know the small raise looks stupid but, I figured the only queens in his range are AQ and KQ so TT might be good. When he called and a 2nd queen came on the turn I thought he had AK, JJ, JT, 99, 77, something like that and bet, when he raised I was already committed so I called.

Regardless of whether or not I won the hand, is my logic reasonable or am I headed somewhere....wrong? lol :f_p:
  • 4 replies
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      um...bump...?
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      I don't understand...aren't all hands analyzed anymore? Is this thread invisible or something? Nobody has anything to say about this hand? :f_rolleyes:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Somebody finally dusted out some magical potion to reveal invisible threads.

I'd say you're headed to the dark side, young padawan. If you believe your TT is good there is nothing wrong with calling, there is only value in a raise if you believe villain will pot/call or pot/shove worse hands, which is dubious for most players, this one included. Against most guys, you're just asking for trouble as they'll only continue with better hands and you'll be screwed all the time.

Once you get called on the flop and the turn is a Q it makes it more likely neither of you has one so if your TT was good before it's still good now, and if it wasn't good before it's just as much drawing dead now. Following through with your line is fine, I just think it's a mistake to raise the flop to begin with.

Be careful, this post will self-destruct in a few hours and then the thread will fall back into the abyss.

Hope it helps.
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Thank you! Good analysis with a good sense of humor, I'll be back for more soon :f_biggrin: