[NL2-NL10] TJo nl10 rush

• jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Bronze
      Villan prety much unknown had 2 hands on him one he open limped never saw showdown.

on the flop i thought he was trying to steal the pot so i floated the small bet. On the turn his small bet showed quite abit of weakness i decided to raise. On the river i now put him on a weak ace almost 100% of the time, will i get an unknown player most often a fish to fold enough to make the river barrel profitable on rush nl10 or should i jus give it up on the turn.

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $14.48
      BU:
      $30.26
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $13.75
      UTG1:
      $10.00
      UTG2:
      $16.54
      MP1:
      $6.45
      MP2:
      $11.07
      MP3:
      $4.64

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, J.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) 9, 5, A (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.95) 3 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.40, MP2 calls $1.65.

River: ($6.75) K (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $6.00, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.75.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Generally speaking this is a game of information, so you usually don't really profit from it by making huge plays when you know nothing about your opponent. There are spots are regular, thinking opponent when you can go berserk on them and know it's profitable, but it's mostly because you can already made many assumptions about their game, first and foremost that they understand what's going on and they are able to fold when you represent strength.

Here all you know about this player tells you he's bad already for limp/calling preflop, so already this isn't somebody you should want to bluff. You shouldn't really try and read into his bet sizing either, most of these players don't understand anything about betting in relation to the size of the pot. Maybe half a dollar is big for him to begin with, and he decided to bet even more on the turn! Maybe it's not big for him but he's trying to sucker you in or something.

The point is you don't know and you have complete air, so there is nothing wrong with waiting until you either get more hands on him or at least get some kind of equity in the hand to pull a move on the guy, instead of risking right now a stack to bluff a guy off you have no idea what, or if he even has a fold button.

Hope it helps.