[NL2-NL10] NL2 AK against ultra strange line

• fryandspicy
      Hi guys. Probably should've cbet this flop but i was worried about what he could possibly call with preflop in this spot, and also worried that his stack would be the perfect size to shove on me. Was it best to just get out of the way??

Known players:       

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , K:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, BU raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0.28, BU folds.

Flop: ($0.72) 7:heart: , 4:heart: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 checks.

Turn: ($0.72) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.93 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.65
  • 3 replies
    • delete461
      Well played imo. You shouldnt be c-betting every single time - out of position with a draw-heavy flop like this is the perfect time to put the c-bet away.
    • fryandspicy
      To be honest the cards don't seem that drawy just because they're all too low for the 3-betting preflop (although at the same time my opponent is obviously stupid and might be calling with suited connectors i suppose). I was mainly worried that he'd have a pocket pair that'd now be an overpair. As a fish he'd probably happily push here with all overpairs despite my show of strength preflop.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Turn is obviously a fold.

On the flop UTG1 probably has enough whiffed big cards in his range for you to just jam and make him go away, sometimes he'll even call it off with a worse Ax hand or some draw that you're ahead of. Even if he ends up calling you with a random pair you still have 2 overcards so like 25% equity against those hands, which should not be underestimated.

If for reason you think he mostly has pocket pairs for doing that preflop then you shouldn't expect him to fold them on that board and check/folding is fine, but really I think this is too tight of a range for a guy who limp/called a 3-bet, he's probably just terribad.

Hope it helps.