MP: $23.52
      CO: $9.60
      BTN: $25.00
      SB: $37.48
      BB: $46.90
      UTG: $11.80

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG+1 with T :heart: K :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) K :diamond: 2 :diamond: 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.88, BTN raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.32

Turn: ($6.25) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($6.25) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.97, BTN raises to $11.13, Hero folds

Both flop and river are INSTA-raises. I had less hands on him at the time and he seemed even more aggressive to me than his stats show here.
      Villain;

• 6 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      why did u bet so low on the flop ??? if you were afraid he will raise you you'd better check than betting and let him bluff you.If you made some more "standart" bet like 1.1$+ it would have been a lot different to comment on the hand.Now it can be hundred of hands he might be holding,i doubt it is a set since the play on the river but it still can be.AA makes sense for me(as i see he is 3betting from the BB mostly and might be slowplaying from other positions).And a flush also makes sense.All in all can't say more about the hand since the flop mistake u've made.He is also quite nitty and that should be considered in your further thoughts about the hand.But no matter that i think he is capable of playing all the hands i mentioned the same way.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by N0pr3s3n7
      why did u bet so low on the flop ??? if you were afraid he will raise you you'd better check than betting and let him bluff you.If you made some more "standart" bet like 1.1$+ it would have been a lot different to comment on the hand.Now it can be hundred of hands he might be holding,i doubt it is a set since the play on the river but it still can be.AA makes sense for me(as i see he is 3betting from the BB mostly and might be slowplaying from other positions).And a flush also makes sense.All in all can't say more about the hand since the flop mistake u've made.He is also quite nitty and that should be considered in your further thoughts about the hand.But no matter that i think he is capable of playing all the hands i mentioned the same way.
      I definately used half-pot button for the flop. Otherwise my bet sizing would not have been so precise. and been an incriment of $0.25. Betsizing flop is for pot control with a potentially dominated hand and to extract value out of more draws /floats.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach

I definately used half-pot button for the flop. Otherwise my bet sizing would not have been so precise. and been an incriment of $0.25. Betsizing flop is for pot control with a potentially dominated hand and to extract value out of more draws /floats.
      Bet sizing on flop shouldn't be for pot control , if you want pot control you can check/call check/check check/fold so on so on the turn,On the flop he can just say well he bets half pot he is never having a K here he might be holding some pocketpairs like 66-JJ if i raise him he is going to fold,or just say , he bet's low i can bluff him off and if he calls i still have a flushdraw.

So bet bigger on flop if he raises you there you can pretty happily fold,because on this board he is either having 55,22 or flushdraw but he won't be inclined to raise a flushdraw there unless you are cbetting really huge amount of hands.

And actually look where did your pot control gone instead of for example just loosing 1.20-1.30$ from the flop you lost 3.88$.I know this isn't any criteria but you should think about that.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      when 9/9 raises there i think you´re behind most of the times
      Since he checked back and then raises river I would like to b/c, since now it seems he may easily be bluffing
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      if you were afraid he will raise
      Btw, I am never afraid of the opponent raising. Why the hell should I be?

Anyway, I think you're right about bet sizing flop. I was noting how much more people fold to 3/4 pot cbets than 1/2 pot cbets and was getting into the bad play of cbetting 1/2pot too much for value. I wanted to keep him in with more weak hands not just that I was trying to influence the size of the pot on later streets against the stronger parts of his range.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      if you were afraid he will raise
      Btw, I am never afraid of the opponent raising. Why the hell should I be?

Anyway, I think you're right about bet sizing flop. I was noting how much more people fold to 3/4 pot cbets than 1/2 pot cbets and was getting into the bad play of cbetting 1/2pot too much for value. I wanted to keep him in with more weak hands not just that I was trying to influence the size of the pot on later streets against the stronger parts of his range.
      It's fine to keep the pot small with a weaker hand as well as to get weaker hands in but from psychological point of view your bet even it can be 0.99 is still "looking" small , most of the guys at this limit doesn't see 1/2 bet they see it like they do it on the market "Buy now for 99.99$ not for 100$ of course your new brand glasses or so on".I mean if you bet 1$ not even 3/4 it would have been different believe me i've been looking at this psychological point of view a lot and up to NL50 they tend to call more.(For example pot 4.90 and you want to make value bet on the river but you got the total nuts and don't see much of hands paying you off.You want to bet 2/3 = 3$.Than make it 2.99 or 2.89 it works really!)