[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AKo TP vs raise

• xero100
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) A, 8, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $4.80, BB calls $2.98(All-In).

Turn: ($9.2) T (2 players)

River: ($9.2) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.2.
      call, shove? if I shove bluffs will fold but if I call and turn complete fush and he bets big again im folding? if turn card is blank im stacking off
  • 3 replies
    • maya1984

It depends on his c/r range. If he can c/r AQ|AJ he is probably calling with it too so I don't mind a shove right on the flop.
      If he only c/r fd (and folding to a shove) go ahead and call.
      Then it depends on how aggo. is he.
      If he looks passive, the type of guy that will check on a blank card hoping to see a free card and still fires I don't mind a fold.
      If he is good and knows that he should continue representing a monster and fires on blank turn we are going broke.
    • xero100
      so with no reads just with these stats im going broke? Or its hard to tell just from stats
    • MaestroOfZerg

Going broke is fine when in doubt, he doesn't even have 100bb. It's not really a thrilling situation for us since he looks somewhat tight over the first 100 hands, but we can't discount him having a worse Ax either and just be overplaying it, so we'd both like to stack worse Ax hands before it gets ugly and get it in against draws before they hit/miss if he can have that. We have the backdoor nutflush draw for some extra equity and we're only in really bad shape if he shows us a set. Sets aren't easy to get.

Hope it helps.