This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AKo TP vs raise

• xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $8.05
      BU:
      $4.55
      SB:
      $6.91
      BB:
      $4.18
      21/7/1.9
      (100Hands)
      MP2 (Hero):
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $5.46

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, K.
      Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.42) A, 8, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $4.80, BB calls $2.98(All-In).

Turn: ($9.2) T (2 players)

River: ($9.2) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.2.
      call, shove? if I shove bluffs will fold but if I call and turn complete fush and he bets big again im folding? if turn card is blank im stacking off
  • 3 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hi,

It depends on his c/r range. If he can c/r AQ|AJ he is probably calling with it too so I don't mind a shove right on the flop.
      If he only c/r fd (and folding to a shove) go ahead and call.
      Then it depends on how aggo. is he.
      If he looks passive, the type of guy that will check on a blank card hoping to see a free card and still fires I don't mind a fold.
      If he is good and knows that he should continue representing a monster and fires on blank turn we are going broke.
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      so with no reads just with these stats im going broke? Or its hard to tell just from stats
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Going broke is fine when in doubt, he doesn't even have 100bb. It's not really a thrilling situation for us since he looks somewhat tight over the first 100 hands, but we can't discount him having a worse Ax either and just be overplaying it, so we'd both like to stack worse Ax hands before it gets ugly and get it in against draws before they hit/miss if he can have that. We have the backdoor nutflush draw for some extra equity and we're only in really bad shape if he shows us a set. Sets aren't easy to get.

Hope it helps.