Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (CO): $10.97
      BTN: $9.27 11/11/inf vpip/pfr/af, just 50 hands
      SB: $16.27
      BB: $10.56
      UTG: $12.66

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:spade: K:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN raises to $1.05, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.25, 2 players) 2:spade: A:heart: 2:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.50, Hero raises to $3.50, fold

i don't like to get it in with AK vs him pre flop, so i just call 3bet, but i'm OOP is it ok?
      on flop i think i should call (i dont think he will call with worse hands). On turn if heart comes i donk/broke?, if blank check/call?
      can i raise here, and how much to raise?
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Do you like better having AKo OOP in 3bet pot without initiative? I don't and as I'm trying to make my life a lot easier by just folding against nits or 4betting against fishes. It may be possible to call against some players, but you have to be ready to bluff raise or make some move, because I doubt plain 3bet call pre and fit or fold flop can be profitable. Fix me if I'm wrong.
      As played I wouldn't raise flop as most likely you don't get any better hands to fold and he could barrel on turn again.
      Just my humble opinion, may be completely wrong.
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      I agree with Duudalinja - being oop without the initiative really sucks with AK. We only hit 33% of the time and against nits even if we hit we might be drawing dead. On the other hand fishes often have at least AQ in their "supa strong" range preflop.

As played our c/r scares away all hands that can pay us off. In a 3b pot there aren't many suited connectors for you to worry about. Especially with the A :heart: on the flop, this means that the only reasonable fd he could have here is KQs, and even that's something you won't see often at nl10.

If you sometimes float in regular pots and try to steal them on the turn (ala TwiceT ;p) i'd go for c/c flop, lead any turn for ~1/2, maybe a bit more.

If you don't, then just c/c flop, lead turn anyway if a :heart: comes (as he imo he has a ton of bd fds - TT-KK with 1 heart, AQ with Q of hearts, maybe even AJ with J of hearts) and go broke if he raises you.
      If it's not a :heart: just go c/c again and if he checks behind lead any river.

You don't really have to be afraid of him holding 2x for obvious reasons and most hands that ave outs against us are on 2 or 3 outs so not that much reason in protecting.

Hope this helps ^^
      Vic
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      5-handed I think you should 4-bet to 2.6$ and go with your hand
      Although call is not terrible, you just miss too often to continue with your hand
      c/r flop is fine. if he has there flushdraw he would call or shove and I doubt he can get away worse Ax hand
      Also with TT-KK he would likely not put more money in