[NL2-NL10] AJo TPTK on flop

• konkey
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, J.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BU calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.47) A, Q, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BU raises to $0.99, Hero raises to $2.74

Hi, was my all-in correct or i should have just called and...?
      opponent's stats 17/7/2.00 (VP/PFR/AF)
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      From the bronze strategy article 'After the flop - You have Initiative':
      If [you have] a made hand, top pair or better [and someone reraises your c-bet], the cards in the flop should be of particular interest . Raise and protect your hand on a draw heavy board. You could just call on a drawless board to keep your opponent in the hand if you think it's likely that he has a weak hand or is bluffing.

You can usually fold weak hands like top pair with a low kicker to a raise. You should only consider staying in the hand if you know your opponent is aggressive.

Aggression factor of 2 doesn't sound too out of line to me, so i'd probably just fold if i was thinking straight. If you don't want to get rid of top pair in this situation (you do still beat all the aces you beat preflop, afterall, and you do have a gutshot) the article seems to say you should just call because of the dry nature of the board (no flush draws or OESDs).

Two pair seems pretty likely imo, but it's probably okay to call and then fold if he bets again on the turn. If you were in postion i'd be more inclined to take this line.
    • Duudalinja
      Ofc, if he's reasonable he knows that you'll cbet this flop all day long, but at the same time it hits you a lot, so I don't really see him raising anything worse that AQ/AK/KQ/JT. I would just fold it given his stats unless I would have some better reads.
    • Kaitz20
      Usually players are not raising there really worse Ax hands, so i think it is b/f on the flop
      You just see two pair or straight too many times