$9.68
      BU:
      $12.01
      SB:
      $58.62
      BB (Hero):
      $20.60

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 5.
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.2) 8, Q, 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.00, SB calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.2) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($7.2) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.80, Hero raises to $13.00, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $12.

Villain is a reg VP18/PR15/Afq44 over 5000 hands
      Should I bet on the turn following my flop rise?
      His river looks weak to me is the raise ok?

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      You should think about what hand do you represent at river since you raise flop and check turn i'm 100% sure you got flushdraw so i will call you down on river with almost any pair.Probably he was bluffing totaly so he folded because he needed to win about 30~~~~~% of the time to call you.This is big if he assumes you got hand but for me it goes that you need to be bluffing like 65-70 % of the time and in my eyes you will be bluffing 100% of the time.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Ok so I should bet on the turn then and if he calls I give it up on the river?
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      Ok so I should bet on the turn then and if he calls I give it up on the river?
      This is bad decision too if you bet turn you need to bet rivers mostly if it isn't a bad card like a Q here.The problem is that he is very easily continuing the hand with overpairs or flushdraws(A high flushdraws) which will call turn but will 99% of the time fold to a river bet.It's a bit tricky spot and i recommend you not to do it with so less equity.If you had something like JT,T9 of hearts i think it would have been better.

Also regardless the fact of his stats you provided you should take a note about his Cbeting stats and his SB oppening range.If he opens loose from SB and Cbets alot than it's okey to do the play you did but with betting turn (and river maybe).If he is cbeting like a lot it's pretty easy to raise and bluff barrel him to the river because he is unlikely to be holding some super strong hand.And if he had a strong hand he would probably make a move even on turn by betting OOP because there are many cards he doesn't want to see.So his range here are draws and Qx which will most of the time call your turn bet as i explained so you need to think carefully which river cards will help him and which won't.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      strange play.
      But it worked and people are b/f river with one pair hands, so it can´t be bad move :) You can rep there 56, quite a lot two pair combos and fact that no-one would raise river mostly as a bluff would make people b/f there.
      Depends what is his b/c range and if he is going to fold there Qx or better hand
      You can bet 5$ on the turn and then shove river if you doesn´t improve, since players usually isn´t going to call down 3 streets