Advice needed for a small bankroll management

• kobibasson
      kobibasson
      Bronze
      I've just won 2.45$ in the monthly freeroll on Fulltilt and I really don't know how to use it effectively. Obviously I can't use the 2% rule.
      If anyone knows a strategy for this situation, like what SNG's, tourneys or cash games I should play, I'd be glad to follow it.

Thanks!
  • 13 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      roll on the table and hope to run good?
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Well pick the lowest limit with the lowest variance.

TO THE 2c4c FR LIMIT TABLES!!!

Oh yeah, freerolls too.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      If your a Sng player, why not try grinding the 25c+5c Sat to Daily $ on Full Tilt.

They're pretty soft and you can un-reg those you win for T$.
      You'd still have to get pretty lucky with just an 8xBI starting roll though.

Another option is to try to cash in more freerolls to build up a more robust BRM.

Let us know what you decide to do... cash, sngs or tournaments and how you get on.

Congrats on cashing today, well played.

Bart
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i think you should do a 1 dollar 6 man sit an go pl omaha these are so easy because alot of omaha learners tend try learn at theses stakes so when they get the likes of KK and AA they think there good so be aggressive and selective here you'll come good just playfor 2nd place

what ever youdo
      good luck with it
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Originally posted by pogodon
      i think you should do a 1 dollar 6 man sit an go pl omaha these are so easy because alot of omaha learners tend try learn at theses stakes so when they get the likes of KK and AA they think there good so be aggressive and selective here you'll come good just playfor 2nd place

what ever youdo
      good luck with it
      and u believe he knows how to play plo?
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      I'll go with Bart.

Play the Daily Dollar sats on FTP. Don't trade de T$ you can use them with no -$EV on the sngs. Grind until you get about $20 and then u can try to take a shot to $1 until at least $100.

It's hard, but it works out.
    • kobibasson
      kobibasson
      Bronze
      Thanks for all advices. I guess the best option for me now is Daily $ Sng's, so I'll try my luck there. :)
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I'm not sure if there are Double or Nothing tournaments in FTP but I think they are the easiest to play. Give a shot to them if the Rake is not a killer.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kobibasson
      Thanks for all advices. I guess the best option for me now is Daily $ Sng's, so I'll try my luck there. :)
      You'll get a tourney ticket, not T$, I am pretty sure. They rarely give T$ now for anything they have tickets for.
    • madorjan
      madorjan
      Bronze
      Hi All!
      I believe they give you Tourney Tickets.
      I suggest 1$ Matrix SnGs for you. You register for 1$, and you get 4 tables. The variancie is much much less than in normal SnGs, and also it can be quite profitable.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Originally posted by kobibasson
      You'll get a tourney ticket, not T$, I am pretty sure. They rarely give T$ now for anything they have tickets for.
      Just to confirm, if you win the Sat to daily dollar (cash entry), they automatically reg you in the tournament, but when you unreg it provides you with $T.

Mardy is quite right, in most tournaments now you just get a ticket, but daily $ sats still provide $T.

I would urge the OP to consider what they would prefer to play as this is also important. Need to decide if your happier with sng's or cash tables etc.

My only concern with suggesting the Matrix is that they would only have 2xBI, albeit with 4xtables each. You would have to finish high up however to stand a chance of the 5th prize.
      At least with the 30cent sngs you would have 8 or 9xBI and only need to cash 2 for break even.

Entirely up to the OP though, I don't want to influence them at all, just providing infomation with which to decide themselves.

Good luck with whatever you decide ;)

Best regards,

Bart
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I stand corrected and bow to your greatness Eaglestar. :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      I stand corrected and bow to your greatness Eaglestar. :)
      I only remember from the crazy steps challenge i did. Still play those micros occasionally, good laugh. :D

You are right though, in general they've replaced most things with tourney tickets.

Brat (not a typo :D )

Edit: If you enter the FTP points version, you would get FTP points back instead of $T, it has to be cash/$T entry to get $T back.