This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

calling to hit set

• joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Bronze
      if for instance at NL10, someone limps and there is a raise to 50c. you have 55/66 or some small/med pair, would you always call to hit a set, with position or not?

another question that seems to happen to me a lot is if i raise with TT/JJ in MP2 and the button 3bets me, would you call to hit set, 4bet, or fold.

I seem to call in these situations and more often than not the board comes 7 high and i dont know where i am.

thanks
  • 4 replies
    • jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      Originally posted by joeldowey123
      another question that seems to happen to me a lot is if i raise with TT/JJ in MP2 and the button 3bets me, would you call to hit set, 4bet, or fold.

I seem to call in these situations and more often than not the board comes 7 high and i dont know where i am.
      Never call 3bet OOP. Either 4bet or fold, depending on the villain and stack sizes.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Starting hands chart and call 20 rule. If you haven't read them you need to, If you have you need to read them again.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      id personaly call a small raise with any small pocket apir cause if you do hit a set its very hard for your opponent to put you on a hhand and as for the 3 bet one thats a sceptical one really depends on your opponent and how lucky your feelling

:)
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Bronze
      thanks for the replies guys appreciate them!

ill have a look over the articles again as suggested! i didnt realise the call20 rule applied to 3bets as well!

but what about the TT/JJ scenario? is it just what you think the opponant has and if you feel you have the best hand! they are tricky ones to play. I mean he could have reraised pre flop with AKs and have not hit the board - but he could have done it with QQ+

just wondering how some people might play it