calling to hit set

• joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      if for instance at NL10, someone limps and there is a raise to 50c. you have 55/66 or some small/med pair, would you always call to hit a set, with position or not?

another question that seems to happen to me a lot is if i raise with TT/JJ in MP2 and the button 3bets me, would you call to hit set, 4bet, or fold.

I seem to call in these situations and more often than not the board comes 7 high and i dont know where i am.

thanks
  • 4 replies
    • jakosamlud
      jakosamlud
      Bronze
      Originally posted by joeldowey123
      another question that seems to happen to me a lot is if i raise with TT/JJ in MP2 and the button 3bets me, would you call to hit set, 4bet, or fold.

I seem to call in these situations and more often than not the board comes 7 high and i dont know where i am.
      Never call 3bet OOP. Either 4bet or fold, depending on the villain and stack sizes.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Starting hands chart and call 20 rule. If you haven't read them you need to, If you have you need to read them again.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      id personaly call a small raise with any small pocket apir cause if you do hit a set its very hard for your opponent to put you on a hhand and as for the 3 bet one thats a sceptical one really depends on your opponent and how lucky your feelling

:)
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      thanks for the replies guys appreciate them!

ill have a look over the articles again as suggested! i didnt realise the call20 rule applied to 3bets as well!

but what about the TT/JJ scenario? is it just what you think the opponant has and if you feel you have the best hand! they are tricky ones to play. I mean he could have reraised pre flop with AKs and have not hit the board - but he could have done it with QQ+

just wondering how some people might play it