Hero ($6.80)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 9:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, fold

FLOP ($0.28) 6:club: 6:spade: 4:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.28) 6:club: 6:spade: 4:spade: 9:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB calls $0.12

RIVER ($0.52) 6:club: 6:spade: 4:spade: 9:diamond: A:heart:

[color=red]SB checks, Hero bets $0.39, SB raises to $2.14, Hero ?

I wasnt sure if should raise or just call , i thought it was unlikely he had a 6 is there was no bet on a drawy flop and the turn i thought would have been reraised however i thought it was possible he might show up with 99 or 44. Any suggestions?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

C-bet the flop to begin with, it's dry enough that your opponents will often show up with stuff like whiffed overcards that they'll simply fold to you. A9o isn't strong enough for you to try and get it to showdown against unknowns, as you can't really justify calling bets on later streets so you'll up yourself up to being bluffed out and generally put in awkward spot. Just consider your hand worthless and bet the flop with it like you would if you had nothing.

Bet bigger on the turn for value, nothing tells us this guy has anything just yet and now there are quite a few worse hands he could call us with, any 9x hand, anything remotely ressembling a straight draw, all spade draws, maybe even A-high bad players love those hands.

The river is somewhat close, but I've seen enough people raise what they believe to be "two pairs, aces and sixes" at micro-stakes in those spots for me not to fold anything that beats that. It's not out of the question for him to be spazzing out with some busted draw either. It's just hard for him to play something strong like that unless he's really slowplay happy/dumb and while it's perfectly understandable if he shows up with 44 or 99, those are only two hands.

Hope it helps.