[NL20-NL50] NL25, AKs facing coldcall and 3bet

• Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      the 3better is 17/14 3betting 4% over 200 hands (i know, small sample, but stil)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.99)
      BB ($35.79)
      UTG ($23.65)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      UTG+2 ($12)
      Hero ($48.22)
      MP2 ($24.65)
      CO ($50.79)
      BTN ($25)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, fold, CO calls $1, fold, SB raises to $4.50, fold, Hero raises to $11.75

i got the impression villian was a TAG / good player from the 100 or so hands played at the table with him. seemed to be isolating limpers etc.

any thoughts on whether i played this well, or if maybe i should have folded to the potential squeeze?
  • 6 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hi!

What was his sqz %? And 3bet from sb?

If you have a read that he squeezes light than 4bet/shove is ok. But 4% is like AQ+ JJ+ so actually a pretty solid range.
      But if he is a good tag I can hardly see him doing that with wider range oop.

Again it depends alot from the reads you have on a player.
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      um 3bet from sb was 8% not sure squeeze percentage i dont know where to access that on my hud (oops)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think shove is better after squeeze
      This way he can fold there TT and lower pp-s that he might shove himself. I think he is not going to shove there AQ, so you rather take pot down pf
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      oh, i fully intended on calling if he shoved. wouldnt just shoving pretty much force him to fold those hands u mentioned, we get it in against KK AA regardless. would it not make more sence to give him room to put money in again pairs just in the hope he could have AQ or similar and shove that too?

thanks
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      The thing is, the only hand you want to see if he shoves is AQ, but he'll probably fold that.
      Is better for you if he also folds TT/JJ. Those are just a flip.

As played, yes, call if he shoves because of the odds.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Escobario
      oh, i fully intended on calling if he shoved. wouldnt just shoving pretty much force him to fold those hands u mentioned, we get it in against KK AA regardless. would it not make more sence to give him room to put money in again pairs just in the hope he could have AQ or similar and shove that too?

thanks
      If you think that he can shove there AQ or smt else then 4-bet/call is better.
      If you think he would mostly fold there AQ and weaker hands to 4-bet and only shoves pp-s, then I like shove more, since at that case you have more fold equity.