$23.56
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG1:
      $7.81
      UTG2:
      $10.25

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 9.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.25) 7, K, Q (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.25) 7 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $0.89, Hero calls $0.89, BB folds.

River: ($3.03) 6 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

Final Pot: $6.03.

opponent is 10/7 with 3 AF
      K and Q was definitely in his raising range. i will think that he has AK, JJ+ AQ AJ KQ.
      i was thinking of re-raising at the turn or the river but i dont see many hands here that lose to me that will call. mostly hands that would call to a raise would be sets which turned into a full house. i decided to call to the river for a showdown.
  • 5 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Strange that he didn't cbet that flop and made delayed cbet on turn, but I would still raise against AK/AQ/KQ. Most likely I would fold against 3bet, because I really think he will show up slowplayed KK/QQ.
      Just my humble opinion, may be completely wrong.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I think it's better to raise the turn. He'll rarely put you on trip 7's. He's shown strength preflop and on the turn. If he has AK, KQ he may be willing to go broke there. If he has AT, AJ, KQ, AK, AQ, JJ he might still draw out on you so you need to protect your hand and get value as you have the best hand here in most cases. You beat AA, KQ, AK, AJ, AQ, AT, JJ and you are only beat by KK, QQ. Sounds like a good deal to try and get value from the previous hands.

Good luck!

PS: If you are sure he will only make this play with KK and QQ you can fold, but my question is why would you call such a tight passive player with 79s? Yes you are IP but how much do you think you can get out of him if you hit? He is rarely gonna hit too, you know...
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Hey cutegoldfish. It's OK to call the open-raising of such a tight-agressive opponent with suited connectors when you are in position. If they hit something and you also hit your flush, straight or two pair, a lot of value can be extracted from those plays. So... that's alright preflop.

It might be possible that he had indeed hit his set with KK or QQ, but it's hard to know that. Other possibilities are holdings such as AQ (and he might be scared of the K) or even AA, with which he might be trying to go for a check-raise in case you bet the flop.

The overcall on the turn was OK too, once I think you were trying to set up for the big blind to stay in the hand too. If you were heads-up, that call would not be recomended.

Although he might have played this way with his sets, he might also have played like this with two-pair of KQ, and then tried to slowplay both you and the BB, while unaware that you might have called his UTG raise with a low card like a 7. In this case he would be confident that he actually had the best hand.

That said, you might have gone for a 3-bet/broke on the river in order to extract some value. If he indeed had a full-house, well... that's variance, but that's also worthy a try. I don't think a tight player would get away so easily from two-pair.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blackops888
      ... I don't think a tight player would get away so easily from two-pair.
      Exactly, that's why we should raise when we already know he won't be able to fold a hand that is worse than ours. Why call him and let him catch a K or Q or maybe A to make a full house? The key is to get your money in while ahead. The rest is up to variance... Slowplaying trips is waaaaay overrated.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sounds good. Fold preflop first. As played raise the turn if you believe he can play with worse hands like that, since he'll always have more AK hands alone than QQ-KK combined. That said TPTK usually isn't enough for tight 10/7 players to get tricky, so I believe Duudalinja is kinda right when he says that QQ-KK are a very real possibility. Still, more combos out there of KQ than QQ-KK as well that he could however play like that, so it's tough for us not to go ahead and go broke unless we believe he can fold that, which as stated by EmanuelC16 and blackops888 he probably can't.

Hope it helps.