Help Me Full Tilt Players

• pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      OK, I'M A FULL TILT NOOB AND YESTERDAY I DONE A 2DOLLAR TOURNEMENT AND I WON IT AND I WON A FTOPS 50 DOLLAR PLUS 5 DOLLAR TOURNEMENT TICKET
      MY QUESTION IS AM I ABLE TO SELL THIS OR TRADE IT FOR CASH OR TOURNEMENT CASH OR DO I HAVE TO PLAY THE FTOPS

ANY FEDBACK MUCH APPRECIATED
  • 13 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      You have to enter as a general rule. I don't think there is anyway around this.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ALRI :) THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW

I DONT FANCY MY CHANCES IN A 50 DOLLAR BUY IN :o
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      FTOPS are not your usual $50 tournament. They are full of bad and sometimes completely awful players attracted by the large prize pools. Try and separate yourself from the entry fee, and pay attention to the table your are sat at and I'm sure you'll find at least 3 - 4 bad players within the first hour. Try to isolate them with your premium hands and limp with spectulative hands and you should be able to get a half decent stack before the first break.

Keep on eye on people's play after the first break, especially if you are getting pinged around the tables as there are always a few fish that have got lucky and still play like maniacs, and you should try take advantage of these deep stacked fish whenever you can.

After the second break, I'd suggest that you tighten up to within roughly a 15% VPIP and play only your decent made hands and draws after the flop, as many of the fish will be eliminated by then or at least tightening slightly and the field is likely to be a lot stronger. If you feel you maybe behind in a pot then fold. Also try to put pressure on the blinds as often as you can but always have at the very least a spectulatice hands that could get paid off should you hit the flop and face OOP donk bets from the Blind caller.

Then of course you play your heart out reach the final table and take it down.

This is all just the kind of approach I would take, I am not a MTT player but I have played a few of these FTOP events and these are just my obsevations.

Good luck, I hope you do well :)
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      i might post a suggestion if you stop using caps lock
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      i might post a suggestion if you stop using caps lock
      PLUS ONE, CAPS LOCK IS G@Y
    • IcMean
      IcMean
      Bronze
      MrMardyBum, what teh f*ck? :D You can easily unregister from a tourney you won a satellite ticket for on full tilt. Just find the tournament with requests -> registered in tournaments and unregister from it in the lobby...
    • shumacher96
      shumacher96
      Bronze
      If this is a ticket you can only use for the event it is used for, in your case the FTOPS and cant sell it, you can only sell it if you won it in TD (Tournament Dollars), which can be changed into real money.
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IcMean
      MrMardyBum, what teh f*ck? :D You can easily unregister from a tourney you won a satellite ticket for on full tilt. Just find the tournament with requests -> registered in tournaments and unregister from it in the lobby...
      Yes you're right, he could do this, then he'd be left with a useless $50+5 FTOPS tournament ticket. If you win a satellite nowadays on FTP you're credited with a tournament ticket to that specific tournament, not T$ or a cash alternative.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Edit: Didn't sound so funny when I read it back :P
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      FTOPS are not your usual $50 tournament. They are full of bad and sometimes completely awful players attracted by the large prize pools. Try and separate yourself from the entry fee, and pay attention to the table your are sat at and I'm sure you'll find at least 3 - 4 bad players within the first hour. Try to isolate them with your premium hands and limp with spectulative hands and you should be able to get a half decent stack before the first break.

Keep on eye on people's play after the first break, especially if you are getting pinged around the tables as there are always a few fish that have got lucky and still play like maniacs, and you should try take advantage of these deep stacked fish whenever you can.

After the second break, I'd suggest that you tighten up to within roughly a 15% VPIP and play only your decent made hands and draws after the flop, as many of the fish will be eliminated by then or at least tightening slightly and the field is likely to be a lot stronger. If you feel you maybe behind in a pot then fold. Also try to put pressure on the blinds as often as you can but always have at the very least a spectulatice hands that could get paid off should you hit the flop and face OOP donk bets from the Blind caller.

Then of course you play your heart out reach the final table and take it down.

This is all just the kind of approach I would take, I am not a MTT player but I have played a few of these FTOP events and these are just my obsevations.

Good luck, I hope you do well :)

you play for me :O hahaha
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello pogodon,

Congratulations to your FTOPS ticket.

We have an article about how to play a Multi-table Tournament. Read this article here: Strategy: How do you play an MTT? I am sure this will help you.

If you still have questions about playing a tournament visit our MTT-Strategy-Forum and our members and moderators will help you.

Good luck,
      Hannes
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i just unregistered from the tournement then converted mt tournement dollars into cash it cost 5 % but i had 55 tournements dollars so i got 50 dollars cash .NICE :D
    • mcnabbmiha
      mcnabbmiha
      Bronze
      I have another question.

When I signed in in FullTilt yesterday a pop-up opened and there wrote something like: If you get 10 FullTilt bonus points on Rush Poker until Sunday you will get 5$ in 4 hours after achiving that.
      I think I went over 10 points but I still didn´t get the money. Did I understand the inscription wrong or what?

Thank you for your help, bye