[NL2-NL10] NL2 middle pair vs three barrels on dry board

• fryandspicy
      I only played a few hands with this guy and didn't have any reads. I don't use the HUD at the moment either, but assumed he'd be open raising with a looser range than suggested by pokerstrategy because of the limits (so his range would be less than 50% premium pairs).

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:heart: , 7:diamond:
      UTG folds, UTG1 raises to $0.07, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.06, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.16) 5:diamond: , 8:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.40) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($1.00) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0.75, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.75

How should i have played this? Bet into him on the turn? Raise on the flop? Call on the river?

As played, would you fold to the king on the river too? Would you fold to a blank on the river?
  • 3 replies
    • stevegold87
      Well what I would do :

call is ok because of stack size preflop,

On the flop you should make a bet imo, (this is how I would play I could be wrong), if he raises then we can take him seriously , you also have a gutshot as well as you could hit a seven. You could also take the pot if villain folds easily when he doesn't hit. It would also let you know where you stand exactly.

I would personnally fold to the bet on the turn. You have shown weakness on the flop with c/c and if he was cbetting he might fire a second barrel. But you can't really know that and you have to assume he has the best hand.

As played, I would have folded river if villain bets, no matter what the card is. Not much you can beat here exept for a bluff and unless you know he can bluff all the way to the river...Also raise from UTG1 4x BB is usually a sign of strong strong cards. His bet sizes are also quite big...

I also have problems with low pocket pair so don't take my advice too seriously and wait to see what the judge have to say, I can't wait to see it too.
    • EmanuelC16
      You are OOP. Call preflop for set value. Don't get fancy without reads especially on NL2. The only think you could do is bet flop to get an idea of where you stand, because he will rarely hit that flop with his range. If he calls you might get a cheap showdown or a free card on the river. If he raises you should be done with the hand. As played, fold turn.
    • Kaitz20
      with that board i think it is nothing wrong to take initiative and bet out flop and turn yourself
      I think you don´t get raised too often by worse hands
      As played: I think calldown is reasonable if he seems aggressive, although if you think he is not really barreling there too often then just fold turn