Full tilt academy question

• Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, I never did any of these challenges but I might start now, my question is, do you get any rakeback decrease because you earn those academy points, or it gonna be removed only in the end when you actually buy something from the store? lets say u made 100$ rake this week and u bought smt that is worth like 30$ then ur rakeback will be 70*.27 ? is this right?
  • 10 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi Lizocain

The short answer is yes, cashing acadamy credits impacts rakeback. For a more detailed answer consult the oracle FAQ :f_cool:
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      I see, thanks
    • Revenem
      Revenem
      Bronze
      This is not fully correct.

Spending academy points has no effect on your rakeback, but what you do with them does. In other words if you buy a tournament ticket and you use it to enter a tournament with overlay you'll still get a hit, if you buy a bonus with your academy points you'll receive a rakeback hit on the bonus amounts you clear etc.

But if you keep that in mind there are plenty of things you can buy without receiving a rakeback hit :)
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      Is there any point in going for these academy points...what can u get from them and what do u have to do to go about getting them?
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Revenem
      But if you keep that in mind there are plenty of things you can buy without receiving a rakeback hit :)
      What exactly doesnt affect RB?
    • Revenem
      Revenem
      Bronze
      There is plenty of merchandise and there are also tournament tickets you can buy. It is mainly just the bonuses and FTP points (not directly, but I assume you'd buy them to use them..) which cause you to get a rakeback hit.

Anyway, mail support if you are not 100% confident, I get the info about the "using academy points does not affect rakeback, some things you buy with it do" info from a representative named FTPDoug from a site which adds up to four. It would be hard to do, because you can do these challenges on any stake, so it would be hard to penalise spending these points accordingly.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      I always use Academy credits only to buy books. :f_cool:
    • PiersM
      PiersM
      Global
      The challenges can be done quite easily and academy points can be earned quite steadily and over time you can get a nice usefull bonus.

A useful tip for you is don't change your style of play or game strategy to try and check off a challenge, this road leads to damnation and early busts and tournament exits.

Instead, have a challenge live and you will find it will complete over time with your normal style of play, that way you don't over expose yourself to extra risk and your earning points for playing your normal game.

There are lots of different challenges that vary in difficulty so i suggest starting on the easy ones first, they can be completed a maximum of five times each so build up some ponts quickly.

The harder challenges have bigger points reward but are harder to complete and take longer.

Good luck.
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PiersM
      There are lots of different challenges that vary in difficulty so i suggest starting on the easy ones first, they can be completed a maximum of five times each so build up some points quickly.
      10 times as far as I know and from my experience with challenges. (unless they suddenly changed that recently -.-
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Barely any FL challenges (I just can't seem to find many) which sucks, but I might be mistaken...