Pokerstars rapege

• Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Ok, so basicly ive been playing on pokerstars 45 man for 3.30, been killing it as they are super soft (Bladedge90 on sharkscope if u wanna check me). Everything was going really smooth and all, and then last 36 hours.... Well, I think mathematical chances of losing all the hands i have lost are like 1000000 to 1. I am too tierd to post hands but sufficient to say in like 50 sngs i lost aces almost every time, kings almost every time, queens also and a bunch of other coolers and bad beats (ran aces full into quad tens with 9 players left for example). Anyway, what I wanna ask is if any of the grinders have had such terrible runs, how long they lasted, and is it worth trying to keep grinding...... I have been busted super close to money on like 10 occasions lately its getting so frustrating to lose aces to AK and simillar. So anyway if someone could answer the question pls do. I still got about 300 dollars in the account so what do u think? And my loses for today are 110 dollars in case u were wondering. So there you go :) .
  • 7 replies
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      So ok.

1st. You can break some lines there so it can get easier to understand, but i DID read the whole thing. For the sake of fellow PokerStrategists, i've quoted you with breaks:

Originally posted by Blade90
      Ok, so basicly ive been playing on pokerstars 45 man for 3.30, been killing it as they are super soft (Bladedge90 on sharkscope if u wanna check me).

Everything was going really smooth and all, and then last 36 hours.... Well, I think mathematical chances of losing all the hands i have lost are like 1000000 to 1.

I am too tierd to post hands but sufficient to say in like 50 sngs i lost aces almost every time, kings almost every time, queens also and a bunch of other coolers and bad beats (ran aces full into quad tens with 9 players left for example).

Anyway, what I wanna ask is if any of the grinders have had such terrible runs, how long they lasted, and is it worth trying to keep grinding...... I have been busted super close to money on like 10 occasions lately its getting so frustrating to lose aces to AK and simillar.

So anyway if someone could answer the question pls do. I still got about 300 dollars in the account so what do u think? And my loses for today are 110 dollars in case u were wondering. So there you go :) .
      Now i did scope u, and i can see that you went on a good run, congratulations. But those swings are regular when the samples get big.

By the way you are typing, and actually how you're speaking u're frustrated, and it's normal and happens with every single one of us. Now there's no way to comment on those hands if we can't actually see the following hand.

Another thing is (answering your question). You can never know how long the cooler will last, might be a couple of days, hours, weeks. The only thing is certain is as long as you're not playing your "A" game, you're in danger.

Take a break from poker, maybe read some articles and watch some videos, and review personally your hands: We're they just bad beats? Or i could've spotted something, or maybe i played it too passive and gave the good odds.

Self judgment is essential to build up skill, and don't worry, this won't be your first downswing.
    • Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Sure, I know what u are saying. For the most part honestly I played very well and never gave anyone the odds to draw or anything really. Maybe I misplayed a spot or two, but 95 percent of them were stone cold coolers. Well thanks for the advice anyway, hope to run good sometimes soon :D .
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Blade these games can be soul destroying!

While I was playing on the $6.50's I went on a 1800 game breakeven stretch and that didnt include the other games I was playing.
      In total I went on a 3500 game breakeven stretch that lasted around 2 months.

Just be aware you need to be a special kind of person to grind these non stop :D
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      read the poker mindset :)
    • Drkoslav
      Drkoslav
      Bronze
      Blade i went thru same situation, except i lost all my bankroll there. I was doing so nice from 50 to 480, playing 3,25 6max SNG, then something happen when i switch to 6,50. My last 20 SNG was disaster, losing almost everythin you could imagine.

If there was a card still in a deck, opponent found it on river... it was totaly hilarious as i already knew which card will come on river, the one he needed.

Every low pocket pair beat my higher PP, if i had AA, he find 2 pairs, flushes everywhere when i hit set, if he had open deck cards, he wouldnt find it better as PStars show on river....

Very disapointed so i switch to Party now trying again with 25 ive got thru one local promotion... sucks realy.
    • Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Well i withdrew my money and seeing u had the same doomswitch turned on it is probably a good idea to play full tilt now. So thats what i will do. And yes ur situation and my are identical.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      read the poker mindset :)
      One of the best books out there. Imo