Something like the Top100 but for TaF?

• darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      It would be nice if you added something lik the Top100 but for TaF- Where the leaders every month or so get money (dont have to be as much as in the real Top100 it could even be % of what the players in top have gotten you or what ever lol.

examples:
      1. Top100-TaF - Most friends collecting more than 100-200(?) SP this month.
      The players with most friends playing and collecting SP min 100-200 or something like that recive a price.

2. Top100-TaF - Most SP collected by friends this month
      Every month the players whose friends collected the most SP recive a price (If you invited one or more diamond/black members you probebly will top this list often.

3. Who gives a sh*t about Top100
      You just get a % of the SP your friends collect. Maybe ~10-20%. If you recruited 5-10 black members I actually think you deserv to be one also lol (The SP you get from friends playing should not count to the Top100 list)

The point with this is that you in one way or another always get something for having active friends. It's like this summer promotion where you get $100 extra then you get 5 friends to start playnig. Sure the money you get now are nice but you don't really care if they play as long as they get to 100 SP so you recive $25. The final $75 can you only dream about most of the time. But is you constantly get something for your playing firends you wnt them to keep on playing and inviting more.

I am sorry for any typos or grammar-rape in my text but I'm sure I made my point.
  • 5 replies
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Hey darkprice,

thanks for your post and sorry for the late answer.

In general, you have to see that PokerStrategy.com - unlike many other affiliates - runs on a very high cost level:
      - we offer free bankrolls
      - we offer loads of content & services

As you can imagine and probably will have observed, the majority of players don't really play a lot with their $50, leaving us with a calculatory loss on many individuums.

Even if you as a referrer already earned your $10/$25 for 15/100 SP, not even the Free $50 is recouped, let alone other costs such as the TaF payment.

The result is that our margins on that side are already small and we cannot really make the TaF programme a lot more expensive.

Your race ideas of course be realised, but there's also some problems:
      1. will referrers be happy about smaller, more symbolic prizes there?
      2. do all referrers like to have their numbers published in a race?

SP for referring members is something we are generally cautious with. We did this in the current promotion, where you can get 100 SP for referring a member (one-time) - e.g. to give referrers the chance to get an instant promotion to silver status.

With higher amounts of SP as you suggest, we would threaten to endanger our system - e.g. we would certainly not want a Black Member that does not play poker.

We think that referrers do this to earn money - and that is fine. Thus, we should work on things that enable referrers to earn more money.

Promotions as you suggested can and - in some form - will always be a paert of that.

More important - from my perspective - are improvements that let you bring in new members more easily, get more tools and get higher conversion rates.

A few things we did in recent weeks or will do in coming weeks:
      - introducing Moneybookers => improved cash-out option
      - the currently running TaF promo
      - new TaF creatives coming soon (banners etc.)
      - Facebook share button for news that automatically includes your TaF link
      - option to "hide" your referrer link inside the URL instead of at the end

We will take your race idea to the list of things we discuss in our weekly TaF meeting. If you have more ideas, they are more than welcome.

Best regards,
      Lutz
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Well thats why i personaly think example 2 is the best one
      2. Top100-TaF - Most SP collected by friends this month

You make people wanna get quality players to join and not just the ones getting 15-100 SP and then have no money left and stop playing. The more SP they collect the more money PS get ofc.

Is there anyway to hide your SP? I bet some people don't want everyone to know how much they play either ;)
    • OnkelHotte
      OnkelHotte
      Black
      Hey there,

you mean hide your SP towards the referrer? I am quite sure that this is not possible, but we are quite confident that this in average should not be considered as problem for new customers.

However, if anybody exceeds 5000 SP, it is just displayed >5000.

Cheers,
      Tobias
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      No I ment in the top100, what if someone doesn't want to show his SP on the top100?
    • OnkelHotte
      OnkelHotte
      Black
      got your point, and yes, might be a problem, :-)