[NL2-NL10] nl 4 kk on draw heavy board

• garymorti
      garymorti
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

not sure if played this hand right, the hand before i reraised villian then cbet the flop with set of king he folded, very next hand this happens but apart from that villian is unknown.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Known players:
      UTG2:
      $4.00
      MP1:
      $4.52
      MP2 (Hero):
      $7.35
      MP3:
      $1.08
      CO:
      $4.17
      BU:
      $4.46
      SB:
      $2.71
      BB:
      $4.25

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      UTG2 calls $0.04, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 5 folds, UTG2 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.46) 7, 5, 9 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.36, UTG2 raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $7.15, UTG2 calls $2.80(All-In).

Turn: ($11.41) 8 (2 players)

River: ($11.41) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.41.

thought villian may be playing back as we just played hand together, not sure if to fold when raised or if the shove was right move considering the board and previous hand?
      is there any other way to play this?

thanks in advance
  • 6 replies
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      my thoughts are that the raise would imply a set, as thats how i would play it, especially with 2 hearts on the board but it would be hard to lay down KK here i think
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      On NL4 almost no one is raising with SD/FD. Dunno much about opp and his aggression, but if he raises QQ/JJ/TT preflop (that means he has PFR more than 2%) then part of his limp/calling range that may raise you on flop are 55/77/99 and then depending on his looseness add 9x combos, because I really doubt he would do it with anything else. If you think he was influenced by previous hand, tilted and he's rather loose - go broke, but if he's more like tight and solid guy - I may fold here.
      Just my humble opinion, may be completely wrong.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      The problem with this board is that almost every hand that he limp/calls have a piece of it and it's a strong piece such as
      pair+gut shot,pair+flushdraw,OESD,set,2pairs.Against his range you are always behind here so you should have much stronger reads to make the all in proftable here.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      I completely agree with joeldowey123. It screams "set", but it's so tempting to ship it :f_biggrin:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If you are either crushed or slightly ahead. Fold the cowboys and move on imo...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's hard to quantify the "he may be playing back" factor and people tend to overvalue it quite often. Plus it's very situational/timing-specific so it's even harder for us to comment on it.

Overall I tend to agree that it's probably not worth it. If we knew he was capable of doing that with pair+draw hands and lone draws we would gladly jam on his face. But he has exactly 100bb yet he's UTG2, which means he already posted some blinds, so either he happened to win back exactly what he paid in blinds somehow, or he has some autorebuy option activated if your poker site has that, which would make him a regular a lot of the time.

If that's the case, after a limp/call check/raise line, you're going to get shown a set the overwhelming majority of the time, which means you'll need more people on average going broke with weak hands for you to felt profitably an overpair in that spot, since you're in very bad shape every time villain happens to be a reg, and you're not in that good a shape even if he has a drawing hand. If you have any reason to think he's not a reg at all, it'd probably be slightly +ev for you to go broke, but it'll be close anyway.

Hope it helps.