$2.61
      SB:
      $1.77
      BB:
      $2.03
      MP1 (Hero):
      $2.03

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP2 calls $0.08, 3 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.26) K, J, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, MP2 folds, SB raises to $0.34, Hero calls $0.19.

Turn: ($0.94) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.29, Hero calls $0.29.

River: ($1.52) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.63, Hero calls $0.63.

Final Pot: $2.78.

Looking back, my bet sizing on the flop was hideous. Is calling down after the little over min-raise on the flop the right line here? Thoughts please.
  • 6 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yeah, I think it's standard.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I feel fine with my TPTK until I'm raised - then I have to think why so. I wouldn't fold to raise on flop, but I would cbet a bit bigger as it's really drawy and most likely you have the best hand. When raised I think there's not much to rep - combo draws/KJ/22, but his raise small enough to believe he may do that with some Kx hands as well.
      Turn is fine, but not sure about river. I'm thinking about shoving here, but at the same time even if he's barreling with missed draw he will fold that and again we're left with just best of his range, so now it depends on his image. If he's loose/aggro and he can bet with Kx or even Jx - I would shove, if he's passive - just call.
      Well, that's just my humble opinion, may be completely wrong.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Shoving doesn't make sense here... If he bet into you with a busted draw you call and you have him... What worse hand do you think is gonna call if you shove the river? KQ?
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Bronze
      Flop: Bet more, like $0,20, if he minraises you, call him

Turn: I would raise him again. Not if it's a real bet, but 1/3 of pot could be a blocking bet and he could very easily be on a draw and want to see River cheap. If he 3bet you again it's easy fold, he in most cases has you beat.

River: If he's beting again you can fold as well, and if he checks he could still have a busted draw on this limit, but he could be traping you with those min raises and small bets and now believes you will bet on this street as well based on your aggressin in this hand, so I would probably take a safer road and check behind.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Shoving doesn't make sense here... If he bet into you with a busted draw you call and you have him... What worse hand do you think is gonna call if you shove the river? KQ?

As I said I'm not sure how good it can be here. Ofc he's folding missed draws, but how sure can we be that he wouldn't play Kx th (or even Jx) that way? True, it's not standard play on NL2, so without reads that he's loose & aggro it's just a call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      NL 2 you can likely also 3-bet flop and play for stacks
      Calldown is also reasonable, since he either has there two pair, set, worse Kx hand or bluffing