$2.24
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $1.93
      SB:
      $2.14

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.08, 7 folds, BB raises to $0.32, Hero calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.65) J, 5, 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.44, Hero raises to $1.71, BB calls $1.24.

Turn: ($4.04) A (2 players)

River: ($4.04) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.04.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens(Qc Qd).
      BB shows two pairs, aces and kings(Kc Kd).

BB wins with two pairs, aces and kings(Kc Kd).

Not quite sure what I was thinking here really, the only hand im beating that he'd 3bet preflop OOP is AK really. I didn't think calling was an option, is there enough 99/TT/AJs in his range to make this push profitable? I'm not sure, but doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You are UTG raiser! If he is in any way sort of a tight player his range is JJ+, AKs. When also you get donked into I think he is representing AA. You could call and reevaluate but if he fires a second bullet and the turn isn't a Q you can easily fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Not many people would 3-bet JJ preflop in that spot really. The main question is whether he'd do it with AK, and if yes, what he'd do postflop with it. Some people won't c-bet it, others will bet/fold, some will bet/call.

If he's not c-betting AK it makes no sense to continue, we don't beat squat.

If he's c-betting AK we can't fold ever, there are more AK hands than KK+ hands, meaning with the dead money involved it's a mistake for us not to go broke against the vast majority of players, whether he'd c-bet/call or c-bet/fold.

Since I play higher I'd usually try and represent a weaker hand that villain could put me on. Here our hand looks like some 88-TT pocket pair that probably would call a c-bet but might fold to a turn shove, so I'd just do that with my QQ and call the turn jam. People at nl2 probably won't be able to read your hand like that to justify shoving the turn with AK, but they're more spazz-happy and they understand on some level that when you only call you don't represent much strength, so they might end up doing the same thing anyway.

Hope it helps.