[FAQ] - Pokerstars

• HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Special thanks to AK2404AK who wrote this FAQ in German.

I. General
      1. Installation of the software
      2. Create an account
      3. Free poker money
      4. Retracking of existing accounts
      5. StrategyPoints for Pokerstars
      6. Contact methods

II. Account
      1. Currencies at Pokerstars
      2. Exchange fees
      3. Fees for deposits and withdrawals
      4. Deposits
      5. Withdrawals
      6. Player audit

III. VIP-System
      1. VIP status
      2. VPPs and FPPs
      3. Rake structure
      4. Rakeback
      5. Bonus
      6. Promotions

IV. Software
      1. Hand history
      2. Supported tracking programs
      3. Rejoin time
      4. 2nd monitor, how to arrange tables
      5. How many tables can I play?

V. Other
      1. Datamining
      2. Player transfer
      3. Trading with $T / €T
      4. Which timezone does Pokerstars use?
      5. Playing with the same IP address
      6. How do I change my player image?
      7. How do I turn off other player images?
  • 10 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I. General
      1. Installation of the software
        Please ensure that you use the real money version of PokerStars. So download the software from our page:
        PokerStars - Overview
        If you download the PokerStars.net software you can only play on the play money tables.

2. Create an account
        If you want to be linked to PokerStrategy.com you need to follow our download instructions:
        PokerStars - Download guide
        Please type in the correct marketing code if you want to be tracked to PokerStrategy.com

3. Free poker money
        The list of partner rooms on which we offer the free poker money changes periodically. You can always find the most up to date info on our website.

4. Retracking of existing accounts
        If you already have an account at PokerStars you are not able to be tracked to PokerStrategy.com. You are not allowed to open a new account.

5. StrategyPoints for Pokerstars
        For 2 VPP at PokerStars you will receive 1 StrategyPoints at PokerStrategy.com. The points will be transferred to your PokerStrategy.com account with 2 days delay. If you do not receive any points you are either not tracked to PokerStrategy.com or you forget to agree to information sharing (in the lobby Request / Information Sharing). If this option does not appear you are not tracked to PokerStrategy.com. You can contact the customer support of PokerStars if they allow retracking.

6. Contact methods
        You can contact the customer support of PokerStars by sending an e-mail to support@pokerstars.com. Usually they answer within 24 hours.
        Supernova members can use vipclub@pokerstars.com for the PokerStars VIP support. ( Pokerstars - Customer support)
        For questions about shop items or any problems regarding items you should use this e-mail address: vipstore@pokerstars.com
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      II. Account
      1. Currencies at Pokerstars
        At the moment you can choose between 4 currencies:
        USD - US Dollars (default)
        EUR - Euro
        CAD - Canadian Dollars
        GBP - British Pounds

2. Exchange fees
        PokerStars dose not charge any fees, as long as you want to play with the money. If you do it with the intention of foreign exchange, PokerStars can charge you with 1% exchange fee.

3. Fees for deposits and withdrawals
        PokerStars does not charge any fee for deposits and withdrawals.

4. Deposits options
        You can find all deposit options on this page by selecting your country:
        Real Money Deposits & Cashouts

The minimum deposit across all options is $10

5. Withdrawals
        You can find all withdrawal options one this page by selecting your country:
        Real Money Deposits & Cashouts

Be aware of the cashout policy of PokerStars:
        Cashouts are automatically credited back to any and all of the following methods that you have used to make deposits, in the following order:
        Maestro, Debit Cards, Neteller, ClickandBuy, moneybookers.

Cashouts are first processed back to the method(s) used to deposit. Within each deposit method, cashouts are then applied back to your oldest deposit first and your most recent deposit last. Due to changes in MasterCard's policy, we can no longer credit cashouts back to MasterCards.

We apologize if our cashout policy is an inconvenience, but this is a security feature designed to protect our customers against fraud. It ensures that no one can profit from misuse of another's account.

Reference Pokerstars: Cashout Policy

6. Player audit
        You can request a copy of your real money audit, which shows every real money transaction made on your account in a specified period of time. The report will be compressed and uploaded to the PokerStars server, and encrypted and password protected for security. Go to ‘Requests’ > ‘Playing History Audit’ to request your report. Note that due to the encryption used to secure the file, an up-do-date compression program such as WinRAR is required to open it.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      III. VIP system

VIP status

More information can be found here:
      PokerStars VIP Scheme

VPPs and FPPs
      VPPs are the player points on PokerStars which you receive by playing real money ring games or tournaments. They will be used to determine your VIP level. So for VPP there is a monthly and a yearly counter which will be reseted every first of the month or year.
      Points at ring games will be awarded based on weighted contributed rake
      FPPs are FrequentlyPlayerPoints and can be used for tournaments buy ins or the VIP store. FPPs are calculated VPPs x VIP multiplier.
      Do my FPP expire? FPPs only expire if you do not earn any FPP Credits within one calendar year.
      Can I transfer VPP/FPP to another player? – No, this is not possible.
      Can I buy FPP? - Yes, but just for the Security-Token.

Rake structure
      For more information see here:
      Rake Comparison
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      IV. Software
      1. Hand history
        Go to the PokerStars Lobby screen and select ‘Options’, then ‘Instant Hand History Options…’ You will now get a prompt, where you need to check the ‘Save My Hands History’. Check it and click OK – you are now saving all your hands.

2. Supported tracking programs
        Hold'em Manager
        PokerTracker

3. Rejoin time
        The rejoin time until you need to come back with the same amount of money is 30 minutes.

4. 2nd monitor, how to arrange tables
        PokerStars doesn't support a second monitor, so you should use Custom Layouts. Open all tables and arrange them as you prefer and then click View - Save Custom Layout

5. How many tables can I play?
        PokerStars currently has a limit of 24 ring game tables at once, and you can also play an unlimited number of tournaments.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      V. Other
      1. Datamining
        The practice of datamining (observing games without playing in order to build up a database of hand histories for future reference) is prohibited.

2. Player transfer
        To transfer real poker money on PokerStars, click on ‘Requests’ and then ‘Transfer Funds’ in the main client window. Minimum amount is $0.01.

3. Trading with $T / €T
        As a special service, PokerStars gives registered players the option to exchange Tournament and W Dollars amongst each other. The transaction will be processed directly, securely and automatically via the PokerStars software. There is no need for an escrow service, third players or PokerStars employees.
        See: Official PokerStars T$ / W$ Exchange Market

4. Which timezone does PokerStars use?
        Pokerstars uses ET (Eastern Time) for server time and offer a choice of time zones to players. Choose your time zone, and the lobby clock and all tournament start times will be displayed in your local time. To adjust your time zone, use the 'Options' > 'Time Zone Settings' menu option or click once on the lobby clock.

5. Playing with the same IP address
        You cannot join a ring game table when someone with the same IP address is already sitting on the table.
        SnGs need more than 45 participants in order for two clients to connect using the same IP address.
        Preplanned MMTs such as Sunday Million or the "$80 K Guaranteed" don't have any restrictions.

6. How do I change my player image?
        If you are unsatisfied with the image you selected during registration and wish to change it (or if you did not select an image during registration), you can do so by clicking Select/Change Image from the Account menu. Select Change Image, and follow the steps outlined above. Click Save when you are finished.

7. How do I turn off other player images?
        From the ‘Options’ menu of the PokerStars lobby, unselect ‘Show Player Images’. This will turn off images the next time you join or watch a poker game. You can turn images back on at any time by selecting ‘Options’ again and ensuring a check mark is placed beside ‘Show Player Images’ in that menu.

You can also block an individual player's image from showing to you by right-clicking on the player's icon and selecting ‘Block Image’.
    • TheFrick
      TheFrick
      Bronze
      I already have an account with pokerstars , How do i associate my account with pokerstrategy to get strategy points?

Thanks
      Simone
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheFrick
      I already have an account with pokerstars , How do i associate my account with pokerstrategy to get strategy points?

Thanks
      Simone
      :facepalm:

see I(d) above!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      God this sticky is old.......
    • fengege
      fengege
      Bronze
      this is really awesome
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Hi!
      Wanted to ask about sync breaks in 18man sng`s.
      Sometimes at hh:55 there are breaks and sometimes not.
      How the system works? Thought its maybe because I play in mtt at the same time, but its not.
      Actually would be great to have these 5min breaks every hour.
      Thanks!