$4.42
      MP2:
      $3.85
      MP3:
      $13.47
      CO:
      $1.82

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.15) 6, 5, 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.35) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25.

River: ($0.85) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.85.
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      It seems you don't like raising 88 OOP? :)
      I think it's ok as pot is small and in small pots players like to call small bets even with overcards/gutshots/bottom pairs. On turn I would play b/c if I get raised and I have odds for my OESD and b/f if he goes wild.
      On the one hand on river I like c/c depending on previous action and bet size. It just allows him to bluff (if he ever does that) if he has some Ax hand or some missed draw. On the other hand betting small is fine as well, because he may check some 7x/6x or even 5x hands behind and you loose value from them if you bet small and he calls. So to sum up my messy thoughts I think b/f should be the best line on rush poker to be sure not to miss value from random one pair hands.
      Just my humble opinion, may be completely wrong.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      No, I don't. I must have some reads in order to do that. First in I raise them but when it's a limp fest I'm more than content to limp behind an stack someone with a set. Here if I raise BB would shove/fold. What then? Maybe BB will fold, but MP1 will call 80%. What kind of flop am I looking for? A set? Great, but if he doesn't hit and he is passive I have no chance to get much out of him. What if the flop comes with 1 overcard I cbet and he raises? It just gets me into ugly situations and I find it a lot more profitable to play them this way... I'm not saying it's the only and ultimate way... I'm just more comfortable this way...
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I agree with limp fest statement, but I think in this situation 88 is just too strong to complete. You give BB free play and I doubt he's going crazy and playing for his stack if you hit your set and he doesn't have nuts line. Against MP1 you are looking for any flop that can be easily cbetted and if you get raised - most of times it's easy fold, because I doubt he would bluff raise too often when he limp/called pre.
      I usually make decisions based on players involved in hand and if I have chance both player can fold pre or fold to cbet, why miss it? And even more, if you flop your set, betting wouldn't seem so strong as it would be in limped pot. Ofc, if player is too loose and will never fold pre, that makes it more difficult and I may incline to calling and setmining, but imo thinking bout calling as the only option is a mistake - you just give too many pots you could take down.
      I don't like tough spots, hard decisions and thin lines as well, but that's one of the resons poker is so cool and easiest way is not always the best. :)
      Just my humble opinion, as always.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I prefer raising it pf, since you very often has there best hand, so better to take initiative and put more money in the pot with best hand
      I like flop and turn play. i´d likely just c/c river to let worse hands or missed draws option to bluff