Bankroll Management is my Downfall- Need Advice

• AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Hi Forum Members

I have been playing poker for about 2 years but only recently( about 8 months ago) have ai really applied myself andn have taken to learning the game of poker. I have done my homework and have turned into a ''winning'' player.

I have had two good stints, starting with low bankrolls of $10 each time.

The first time i managed to get it to $90 in about 3 weeks. My downfall was upping my stakes and taking dabbs at higher games. I lost it all in one day!

The 2nd time was recently. In 6 weeks i turned $10 deposit into $487. And guess what....as i felt i was in control, i went and blew it in a couple of high-buy in tournaments.

The frustration of my poor bankroll management is getting to me...am i a poor player because i cant manage my roll?

What can i do...should i give up!!! :f_confused:
  • 4 replies
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      Hello AllinStefk

And welcome to the forums :) - By come here and posting this, it means u are aware that u have a bankroll-management problem, and thats a very good thing to admit! :)

I myself have the exact same problem!

What i did or, what i am gonna do when my poker-break is over in start of september im gonna start playing at the cake-network, because they have something called "bankroll-protection".

This "bankroll-protection" is a feature where u write to the support and say which buy-in rules u would like.

I myself have a 30buy-ins rule for cash-game and 40buy-in rule for SNG's/MTT's.

This basicly means that u cannot sit at a table unless you have minimum 30buy-in's for that level, or 40buy-ins for the specific sng/MTT :)

I hope this help :)
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Hi MrPaulsen

Thank you for the swift reply and for the welcome.

That sounds great that they offer such a great feature. I am a fairly competant player but i like to get ahead of myself. So now im back to the grind stone...take a break, read, learn and set some rules for my bankroll management.

Do you keep track of what you spend and what you win? And if you do, is it a spreadsheet or program?

Regards
      Stef
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      Hey

Your welcome, i hope u enjoy your stay here :)

uhm, yeah, that's what iam doing right now.. Taking a break, reading some articles from the strategy section and watching the strategy videos.

And for keeping track of my game, i plan on investing in HEM holdemmanager.

I would like to use Pokerstrategy's own sofwate named Elephant, but this piece of software cant work together with Cake-poker.
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Yes, i think i should be using those softwares aswell...so much to take into account. Goodluck to you too and catch you on the forums.