This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bankroll Management is my Downfall- Need Advice

• AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Hi Forum Members

I have been playing poker for about 2 years but only recently( about 8 months ago) have ai really applied myself andn have taken to learning the game of poker. I have done my homework and have turned into a ''winning'' player.

I have had two good stints, starting with low bankrolls of $10 each time.

The first time i managed to get it to $90 in about 3 weeks. My downfall was upping my stakes and taking dabbs at higher games. I lost it all in one day!

The 2nd time was recently. In 6 weeks i turned $10 deposit into $487. And guess what....as i felt i was in control, i went and blew it in a couple of high-buy in tournaments.

The frustration of my poor bankroll management is getting to me...am i a poor player because i cant manage my roll?

What can i do...should i give up!!! :f_confused:
  • 4 replies
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      Hello AllinStefk

And welcome to the forums :) - By come here and posting this, it means u are aware that u have a bankroll-management problem, and thats a very good thing to admit! :)

I myself have the exact same problem!

What i did or, what i am gonna do when my poker-break is over in start of september im gonna start playing at the cake-network, because they have something called "bankroll-protection".

This "bankroll-protection" is a feature where u write to the support and say which buy-in rules u would like.

I myself have a 30buy-ins rule for cash-game and 40buy-in rule for SNG's/MTT's.

This basicly means that u cannot sit at a table unless you have minimum 30buy-in's for that level, or 40buy-ins for the specific sng/MTT :)

I hope this help :)
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Hi MrPaulsen

Thank you for the swift reply and for the welcome.

That sounds great that they offer such a great feature. I am a fairly competant player but i like to get ahead of myself. So now im back to the grind stone...take a break, read, learn and set some rules for my bankroll management.

Do you keep track of what you spend and what you win? And if you do, is it a spreadsheet or program?

Regards
      Stef
    • MrPaulsen
      MrPaulsen
      Bronze
      Hey

Your welcome, i hope u enjoy your stay here :)

uhm, yeah, that's what iam doing right now.. Taking a break, reading some articles from the strategy section and watching the strategy videos.

And for keeping track of my game, i plan on investing in HEM holdemmanager.

I would like to use Pokerstrategy's own sofwate named Elephant, but this piece of software cant work together with Cake-poker.
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Yes, i think i should be using those softwares aswell...so much to take into account. Goodluck to you too and catch you on the forums.