[NL2-NL10] NL2 AA Preflop play analysis

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($3.58)
      Hero (BB) ($2.19)
      UTG ($1.86)
      MP1 ($1.23)
      MP2 ($2)
      CO ($0.85)
      Button ($1.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A
      1 fold, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 bets $0.10, 1 fold, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.42, 3 folds

Total pot: $0.33 | Rake: $0

Results:
      Hero didn't show A, A.
      Outcome: Hero won $0.33

Just want to make sure this is how people would play preflop, last time I post preflop hand ;) Thanks!

It seems like whenever I do that peolpe ALWAYS fold.
  • 7 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Maybe you make this play only with premium hands. Even bad players after a lot of hands can tell this. You need to 3bet less than premium hands. I honestly don't know if there are articles on this, but if you watch one coaching you'll get the idea and you can ask all questions there. 3bet weaker hands when IP and really strong OOP.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      People will fold a lot to 3bet - it's just natural if they give you credit when you squeeze into two players. So you have to do it with non premium hands from time to time, but that only matters if they are thinking opps - that means regs. And as regs in NL2 are rarity and most likely they are still bad, I would just 3bet for value. You may call with AA/KK, but playing these hands multiway/OOP can lead to really bad situations you totally don't wanna get into. So just 3bet and hope they have some holding they are willing to call/shove with.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      You have a strong hand and have to play it strongly. If they are not strong enough they will fold and you can't change that. Trust me, many times they will ship it over your 3bet with 66+, I saw even a KJ few times. And no, you don't have to include some less premium hands in your 3bet range (if you play by SHC) because your opponents are just random fishes like we all are on this limit.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      That'S interesting, I already have 2 different opinion about this...Some people tell me I should make my 3bet range more open and some don't. I doubt in the long term including other hands than premiums in my 3bet range will be profitable. But I don't same time, is it even profitable with AA, KK since people always fold? (Exept AA vs KK which hero always has KK)

People even started to fold KK now with 3bets.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Read carefully why did we suggest that.
      When you play against opps who have stats with solid sample size they'll see your 3bet% and if it's around 2-3% (QQ+, AK) they will fold a lot of their holdings against your 3bet, because they see that you are betting only top of your range and they have almost no reason to continue. They may try to trap you or smth, but they will still know your range and do you think that's profitable?
      If you 3bet some random hands as well (make your range more polarized) and that means higher 3bet% - they will call your 3bet with much more hands, including the ones you dominate. That makes play with your more valuable and they may pay you off with much more hands.
      BUT, that all matters just in game where you see regulars often enough and they are thinking enough to make decision based on your style. On NL2 you'll see just random people and there's just no reason to make history for yourself as almost no one will see and use that. So things I stated above are more like advice to future, but now just 3bet for value. You may 3bet wider against someone who folds a lot.
      I doubt standard NL2 player will fold KK ever and go may go broke with random trash. But what are your stats? Maybe you are too nitty and you play so few hands, that they see if you play and do anything - you are strong.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Originally posted by Duudalinja

BUT, that all matters just in game where you see regulars often enough and they are thinking enough to make decision based on your style. On NL2 you'll see just random people and there's just no reason to make history for yourself as almost no one will see and use that. So things I stated above are more like advice to future, but now just 3bet for value.
      My thoughts exactly :f_p:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      NL2 I´d suggest keep your 3-bet range quite tight
      I think JJ+/AK is fine for that. if you gain more experience you can also add AQ, KQs, AJ, 88+ and more hands
      Suggestion: if you 3-bet nuts, meaning AA you don´t have to make it that big that would scare anyone away. You can make it 0.35 this example and maybe some other players would call with a lot weaker hands