How to deal with hyper-aggressive players on 6max?

• Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Here's the thing: when i play on 6max with passive or even avarage players, i make like 15BB/100. The problem is, when someone like me (LAG) comes to the table, i really cant play with him.
      Today i played with one even more aggressive player then me, i felt like he raised like 90% hands. If it was FR, i'm gonna wait for a hand. But since it's 6-max, i cant wait forever, cuz i'm gonna lose a lot in blinds.
      So my question is, should i play pretty much the same as i do with passive players (LAG), or should i tighten up?
  • 13 replies
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Play back if he opens alot just 3-bet or try 4-betting from time to time, be creative and if he 100% c-bets try c-raising. If he plays back all the time and you can't take it just change the table.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      You made my day you make 15/100 with 50vpip +++ ?????? O.o what limits are you playing ? I don't see a TAG loosing versus someone with your probable stats(maybe you provide correct one because I don't understand the meaning of "LAG like me" and even more agressive with 90+ vpip) I usually tend to make 20bb/100 when I got players with these stats and which are agressive on my Short handed tables.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by N0pr3s3n7
      You made my day you make 15/100 with 50vpip +++ ?????? O.o what limits are you playing ? I don't see a TAG loosing versus someone with your probable stats(maybe you provide correct one because I don't understand the meaning of "LAG like me" and even more agressive with 90+ vpip) I usually tend to make 20bb/100 when I got players with these stats and which are agressive on my Short handed tables.
      Well you can see my stats there: http://www.poker-edge.com/poker-player-stats/alficor/ I play NL2.

I'm not really sure whether i make exactly 15/100, it was an estimation. But i think i'm pretty close to that.

I didnt say his VPIP was 90+, i said i felt that he was raising like 90% of hands.

So i would kindly like to ask you to give me some advice, since you're a good winning player who makes 20/100. I'm just a donk who plays NL2, i need it.

Originally posted by Zemnieks11
      Play back if he opens alot just 3-bet or try 4-betting from time to time, be creative and if he 100% c-bets try c-raising. If he plays back all the time and you can't take it just change the table.
      Well the thing is, these guys raise like for 10c before the flop (5bbs). When i call, they ussually open for like 1,5 times the pot on the flop (like 30c). Which means that if i wanna make a play, i have to put a big part of my stack into the pot, which i dont want to do unless i have a hand.

My motto in poker is "Dont play a big pot unless you have a big hand". These players are really loose and agressive, and wery often move allin with just second pair or top pair with no kicker. I never move allin unless i have at least two pair.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Well the thing is, these guys raise like for 10c before the flop (5bbs). When i call, they ussually open for like 1,5 times the pot on the flop (like 30c). Which means that if i wanna make a play, i have to put a big part of my stack into the pot, which i dont want to do unless i have a hand.

My motto in poker is "Dont play a big pot unless you have a big hand". These players are really loose and agressive, and wery often move allin with just second pair or top pair with
      If villain stacks off light you get to expand your value stacking off range too.

Not stacking off without two pair vs guy who's happy to stack off w second pair is just leaving money at the table.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Originally posted by Alficor1

My motto in poker is "Dont play a big pot unless you have a big hand". These players are really loose and agressive, and wery often move allin with just second pair or top pair with
      If villain stacks off light you get to expand your value stacking off range too.

Not stacking off without two pair vs guy who's happy to stack off w second pair is just leaving money at the table.
      You're right...

I really dont feel very comfortable if someone shoves and i have just top pair though. He might have top set as well as underpair.. you never know.
      But yeah, i guess this is way to go. I have to make these kind of calls if i want to win against these players. Thank you. ;)
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      tighten up i think is the best option, + if u feel like it u can cold call some hands in position like connected suitors, premium hands like KQ,KJ, KTs ,QJ,JT that are not good for 3bets.
      and then extract value by letting him bet most of the time/
      say u have JT he raised preflop 4bb(5bb i fold) the flop is QT4, he bets u call\raise to protct most of the time he doesnt hit anything. so when u have the option if he 2nd barrells a lot to call again, or if he checks float bet the turn.
      of course on the flop if he overbets its always better to fold.
      Of course if u call like that u dont hit all the time and sometimes the lag hits too, so u have to make plays and know when to get of a hand.
      another tendency of lags is the fear to be pushed so they can make big mistakes with hands they should fold beacause they see players trying to bluff them.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Get your AQ; 88+ preflop and shove it in his eye a few times, or leave. :)
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      i cant believe that i feel bad cause most of my opponents are semi-solid and people whine about people who play any 2

absurd stuff in the thread...
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      why would you wait for a hand? against loose palyers you don't need as strong a hand to be ahead of their range...
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by SiXATconnected suitors
      :D
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      If he plays all middle pairs to allin, its simple: get hand like KJ+, look at flop, and if u hit pair -> its 36% chance, and by having high cards you have big potencial of getting TPMK, then go allin - if he holds all middle pairs, or just overcards.. or undercards ;) you win more than 80% times. Top pair is great hand against RANDOM hand and you extract much money from them... someone correct me if Im wrong.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      most of the time you both have nothing - one with better than the other so you must outplay outbet and out lag your LAG opponent....like isildur did to durrrr :)
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      Playing with nothing too is not good way to profit from him. It would be if he CAN fold to bets, but tactic to beat someone who holds nothing is to play always with something