This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL AJs - Check behind on river?

• Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $2.36
      MP2 (Hero):
      $2.03
      MP3:
      $1.68
      CO:
      $0.93
      BU:
      $2.46
      SB:
      $2.03
      BB:
      $1.20
      UTG2:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, J.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) 8, 3, A (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.16, MP1 calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.55) Q (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.39, MP1 calls $0.39.

River: ($1.33) 5 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.33.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(A J).
      MP1 shows a pair of aces(A T).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(A J).

I was just wondering if the check behind on the river was the correct play for this hand, his flatcalling throughout the hand raised suspicions and I thought he might be planning a check raise on the river. Any other advice on my play is more than welcome :D
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      If you decided to bet turn there's no reason not to bet river as it really doesn't change anything. You have TP and I doubt he has AK/AQ as he limp/called pre and even if AQ is in his range he didn't raise turn and didn't bet river. That doesn't seem like line for two pairs for me. So I think just b/f river.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Duudalinja
      If you decided to bet turn there's no reason not to bet river as it really doesn't change anything. You have TP and I doubt he has AK/AQ as he limp/called pre and even if AQ is in his range he didn't raise turn and didn't bet river. That doesn't seem like line for two pairs for me. So I think just b/f river.
      +1

He'd probably raise two pair or better earlier. But I don't think a bet on the river is mandatory.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      he very likely has there Ax hand, so I think you should get more value on the river
      I´d bet 0.7$