$2.67
      BB:
      $0.97
      MP3:
      $0.84
      Hero:
      $2.12

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 2:club: , 2:diamond:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 2:spade: , 5:spade: , 7:heart: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.04, BB calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds.

Final Pot: $0.50

What would be a more sensible raise size (pot is $0.20 when it gets to me on the flop)
  • 6 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I think your raise is fine... They just have random crap too often in a limped pot and don't want to let it go after a weak bet.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      You may make it smaller, but there are so many players in a pot that you still have to bet solid to make them pay for draws they could have and your hand is too vulnerable to let so many players see cheap card.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also like raising smaller to 0.2$. It is limped pot so very likely they don´t have anything that strong which would call bigger raise
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      I'm sorry for reopening this thread, but I would like to here more indepth explanation.

It's planty of limpers and planty of draws on that flop, so I would definitly pot it ($0,28), and even little overpot looks much better to me then $0,20, ESPECIALY in unraised pot, when they can be on any kind of suited crap.

Am I missing something here?

BTW we call this a set, and trips are when theres a pair on the board, and only one of your cards is mached with that pair for Three Of a Kind.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      @Oly, thanks for the distinction, i thought it was just two different ways of saying the same thing!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      I'm sorry for reopening this thread, but I would like to here more indepth explanation.

It's planty of limpers and planty of draws on that flop, so I would definitly pot it ($0,28), and even little overpot looks much better to me then $0,20, ESPECIALY in unraised pot, when they can be on any kind of suited crap.

Am I missing something here?

BTW we call this a set, and trips are when theres a pair on the board, and only one of your cards is mached with that pair for Three Of a Kind.
      are players really going to call there overbet with 76. If someone had strong draw you likely see raise before you. So i think overbet just makes one thing. Everybody fold and you take down small pot.
      By raising smaller you also keep in hands that has very little equity to your hand and even if they have draws you raise enough that you can decide on the turn if you want to take free card or bet again enough that draws can´t call