SIt n Go ffs... -63 Buy ins under EV

• mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze

Man sit n goes are crazy.... some fucking lotto.

in 200 tourneys $EV aint even thinking of evening out. 200 LMAO

In real life to play 200 tourneys it would take like 100 days at least.... 3 fucking months.... And of course buys in are higher. U could go crazy getting sucked out all the time.

Anyway whats your highest and longest downswing in sngs?
  • 18 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      yikes, this is a big one.

i had a 25BI swing this month, running 33BI < EV at the peak.

im also 55BI < EV lifetime on my limits. (approx. $1.4k)

it happens to everyone :)

i know a few regs that are 100+ BIs < EV on 3k samples
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Yeah I know this, happend to me too thats why I stopped sngs after 40BI below EV. It seems like you push at the bubble alot, which is the good play ofc, just maybe you push a bit too much? I guess ur a loose pusher from 5man to HU aswell. At best you can check ur sngs after every session with sngwiz, maybe it will help, but beside that, sng is luckboxing imo, especially if its 1table and turbo..
    • NamenIos
      NamenIos
      Bronze
      if it helps* heres my week on ft:

another down like that and i think ill move down. esp sweet are the 17 bi oom.

its like in reallife it might not be the biggest but the speed def makes up for it.

had one 60 bi down i think that was the biggest, but thats not really uncommon and im 55bi below my ev in my actual limit.

i dont really wanna demotivate you, but mathematically that wont even out in the long run youll 40bi under your ev - at least not in absolute number, in relative numbers it will.

* at least it helps me to deal with the frustration ;)
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      Summary of the month :D

• NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      F SnG's imo
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Silver
      This might sound a little stupid. But if your EV line keeps going up but actual is going down are you winning (in ev) or is like the HEM EV line not accurate or smth.
    • NamenIos
      NamenIos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by letmewinplz8
      This might sound a little stupid. But if your EV line keeps going up but actual is going down are you winning (in ev) or is like the HEM EV line not accurate or smth.
      its accurate in 1 table sngs.
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      This is getting ridoncolous now.....

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Ouch unlucky dude. Bad times, hope your heater is just round the corner :)
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      getting better and better LMAO
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      mafaz dont take this the wrong way but you are playing brakeven poker so your swings will be massive.
      Try and find out what your leaks are, or even get a coach for 1-2 hours. he will be able to spot your biggest leaks almost instantly.

I bet as soon as you plug any big leaks your graph will shoot up :D

Good luck
    • Luupainaja
      Luupainaja
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      mafaz dont take this the wrong way but you are playing brakeven poker so your swings will be massive.
      Hi,

How do you know he's playing brakeven poker?

And I cant figure out how do you post images and graphs?

I'd like to share my below-EV-ride...

Thanks.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Luupainaja
      Originally posted by lennonac
      Hi,

How do you know he's playing brakeven poker?

And I cant figure out how do you post images and graphs?

I'd like to share my below-EV-ride...

Thanks.
      1) Because his EV line (Red in this case) is rarely moving from the b/e line (The solid black straight line)

2) You need upload your images to a site like imageshack or photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG code into your forum post.*

* To get the image in the first place if you are not using PT3 or HEM (I don't know about Elephant) you will need screen capture software (Screen Grab Pro is one free program I know of).

Hope that helps :)
    • Luupainaja
      Luupainaja
      Bronze
      Hi!

Originally posted by MrMardyBum

1) Because his EV line (Red in this case) is rarely moving from the b/e line (The solid black straight line)

-- that doesnt necessarily mean that he's a losing nor a breakeven player. You can make all the right all-in pushes, but run constantly against players top hands of their ranges and lose. And the consequences are that you red line runs below b/e line and the actual profit line is below red line.

Anyway, I post my graph for last 800 games and it doesnt look very good. 800 games - do you think it's still variance or i'm worse than i thought? Probably both :f_p:

And thanks for the advice, MrMardyBum!

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Going by the graph he is a b/e player, and if you are getting it good and losing then your EV line would be higher than b/e.

IMO, if your EV line is running along the b/e line you getting it all-in in to many marginal spots. And not concentrating enough on the table to notice which players are playing in what way i.e missing all the 3-bet and 4 bet action, that could easily deter you from making a mistake had you been paying attention correctly.

If you are constently hitting the top of players ranges then you are not getting good enough reads on the players to determine how they act with what ranges.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but this is what I believe to be true. That said I am not and never have been much of SnG player as when playing I get bored :)
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      "If you are constently hitting the top of players ranges then you are not getting good enough reads on the players to determine how they act with what ranges."

Absolutely nothing you can do about this in push fold :) . Unless you can read decks.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      "If you are constently hitting the top of players ranges then you are not getting good enough reads on the players to determine how they act with what ranges."

Absolutely nothing you can do about this in push fold :) . Unless you can read decks.
      True, I stand corrected.

Signed,

Dumb-ass cash player :D
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      As stupid as it sounds the EV line is not just about being allin.
      I f you played a sng without going allin even once (yes i know this is not possible but just for my example please except this to be true.)
      The you EV line would go up if you came first to 100% of what the first prize pool would be.

If you won the first pot then you EV line would increase from negative whatever the buyin is to what your chips are now worth according to ICM.

This is a long winded way of me saying that there can be problems in other areas not just your push fold game.

Although I except that you can and most players do go on breakeven stretches of 1000's of games so maybe my first post was not quite right.