$2.05
      BB:
      $3.75
      MP2:
      $0.52
      MP3:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8.
      MP2 raises to $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.03, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) K, 8, J (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.32) T (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, MP2 calls $0.18, MP3 raises to $1.90(All-In), Hero raises to $1.95, MP2 calls $0.24.

River: ($4.59) Q (3 players)

Final Pot: $4.59.

No significant stats on either player.
      My flop play is clearly weak, but i find it difficult to deal with a min bet. I don't want to allow them to see a cheap turn but neither do i want to show too much strength by checking ahead and then re-raising to a significant amount.

I was hopping to bait them into making a more significant re-raise, this line turns out to be poor as they get a cheap turn and i'm put to a difficult decision.

The turn completes a straight draw, but i feel that folding trips here is too weak, there are several 2 pairs squarely in MP3's range which i would have beat. I also read the straight shove as a potential show of weakness, a shove in a pot this small could well be a crazy bluff/semi bluff and not indicate i am beaten.

I have no idea how to approach this situation, and i find myself in it rather frequently. Can i give credit to a shove at NL2 in such a situation? If i had made a more significant bet on the flop, been called and have MP3 shove on the turn would i be in a better position to call?
  • 3 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      flop;raise to like 0.16 minimum.
      turn: Q9,97,and AQ got there. u r also beat by bigger sets. ALOT of combos of hands have u beat so i would just fold although at nl2 it is close. If u raise bigger on the flop u also give these draws worse odds to call.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Flop hits their range sooo much it pays to donk it for 2/3. You'll get raised by any king any 2-pair or even by a strong draw. Other than that it disguises your hand a bit and you control how much the have to pay to draw.
      On the turn everything but a FD got there so just check it. Call a bet that gives you good pot odds and some implied odds to draw to a full house or quads.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      on that drawy board you can c/r larger, since players often call there with a lot of draws or strong one pair hands (since they can put you on draws)
      I think 0.14$ is better amount and you don´t give too good odds to outdraw your hand
      Turn is b/c. he can have there enough worse hands that would shove for value