Strategy for William Hill

• AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Hi Guys and Girls

Im using my start up capital on William Hill and have a few questions regarding where i should focus on etc.

I have had reasonable success on Full Tilt, and have been able to get a decent bankroll fairly quickly before having a dab at Highér stakes and squandering it all.

I was playing $1/$2 cash tables with ease and killing any 6-9 handed $5-$35 Sit and Go with ease.

1. What kind of strategy should i look at using on William Hill?

2.Should i expect stronger competition on smaller site like this or will i find a few fish at the lower stakes?

3.Should i look at playing cash or sit and go's...taking into account im far stronger on sit and go's?

Any thoughts and feedback would be appreciated. :)
  • 21 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      the sng are unbelievably soft so i'd reccomend them. I haven't played the cash games at all. I've written a bit about the site a bit in my blog (below). The players seem more passive than FT and also seem to float more often

if you beat $5 sng on FT i'm pretty sure you'll beat the $50 on WH
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Really soft you say...mmm....sounds good to me. witha $50 start up, should i start on lower sng's? $5 is 10% of my roll.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      yeah sorry, just read that you were beating $35 on FT and assumed you'd be using that roll.

i'd reccomend starting at $1 if you only have 50. I use 25BI BRM for sng but i consider that very aggressive and I often have to step down. I don't usually "jump up" limits either I slowly add in sng of the higher level as I build my roll and confidence. eg when I have say $500 i'll play 50/50 $10 and $20 games. then at 600 it'll be 70% $20 games and so on. I don't usually switch completely until i'm at about 35-40BI
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hello AllinStefk,

Usually on smaller sites the competition is softer. Sure there are some exceptions but in general I would say that William Hill is softer than Full Tilt Poker.

If you are better in SnGs and you prefer playing them than you should go for SnGs. :)

If you want to start with your starting capital at William Hill you just can play $1 SnGs, because you will have an automatic bankroll protection there.

Good luck,
      Hannes
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Thanks Bradomurder

The advice on how to move up the stakes is brilliant!!! Makes so much sense.

@HannesZ
      Thanks, the bankroll protection will help me with BRM, thats my week point.

I have just gotten stuck in my first sng...4 hands and 3 all-ins..lol...i layed down JJ..lol...lets see how it goes...50c sng.. :f_cool:
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I'll add that its easier psycologically to move back down as well, because you're just lowering the number of higher stakes games you're playing.

Make sure you're able to move back down when you should though. Its so so easy to get raped (metaphorically) by staying at a higher level too long
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Yes, definately. I agree, i feel like there is less pressure to win as im not staking much more that 1% of my bankroll. Although, i lost my first sng at the low stake as i forgot how radical the maniacs are on those stakes..lol...but won my 2nd.

How do i get hold of my hand history on Willaim Hill. Have an interesting situation i would liek to share.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      go my account>tournament history and click on the tournament and then the hand.
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      great thanks :-)
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      Hello just got my second starting capital of $50 on William Hill bul also got an automated bankroll protection which doesn't allow me to play aanything else but 1$ buy in SNG's or Cash Tables.
      I find this frustrating because the only SNG's that I like are the Double Up which are a few.
      There are not any Multi Table SNG's for 45 or 90 or 180 players which I like most.
      The Cash Tables look pretty dangerous to me for now.
      What do you suggest?
      I have left 41$ from my initial 50$ now.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      We do not offer any beginner strategy for your desired SNG type and therefor you cannot play those SNGs.

Please use one of our offered strategy games.

Best regards and good luck on the tables,
      Hannes
    • Almonds79
      Almonds79
      Bronze
      i used my starting capital at will hill also,god damn i regret it. sit n gos are full of donksand fish, Great,or so you would think. i have come to the conclusion that ipoker isout to get me! have so much bad luck there its ridiculous,in ahead , never win.
      any way i checked myself out on sharkscope to see was it in my head, it read ROI -20% ability 74 ffs! so its notin my head,I just have bad luck on all ipoker sites I think. most players have a site like this i think?!! ;(
    • bbogdanmircea
      bbogdanmircea
      Bronze
      Can you please provide some more details about sharkscope?
      I would like to track my bankroll evolution on William Hill too.
      Thank you!
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Sorry Guys if I jump into your thread with a bit different concept and topic, please forgive me about that, but I have previously post a proper 3D for it but nobody has manage to give me an answer so because of your experience on WH I am felling that maybe you be able to help me.

A couple week ago I have played few SNG's on WH because of the new software and I did like it. My only concern is about the fact that SNG Wizard failing to load the HH's and that is a big issue as it become impossible to carry on a post-session analysis so, it become at moment a substantial obstacle to play on this room. Can you help please?
      Thx :heart:

P.S. Do you know if SNGPT does read the WH's HHs? TY :heart:
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by bbogdanmircea
      Can you please provide some more details about sharkscope?
      I would like to track my bankroll evolution on William Hill too.
      Thank you!
      Sharkscope is tracking William Hill. But maybe they do not track every game. You need to select iPoker for your games.

@kiromanAAKK: Until now I thought hands from William Hill are supported. Do you have the latest version? Please ask the customer service of SnG Wizard. They can give you a much better answer.

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • Almonds79
      Almonds79
      Bronze
      you can get 5free requests a day on sharkscope.com or sign up for a small fee for unlimited use, simple as? :tongue:
    • vikingxprs
      vikingxprs
      Bronze
      just started playing @ WilliamHILL, its 11am UK time, Saturday, and there are NO fishes in the 0.01/0.02 full ring tables .. .
      im winning like almost nothing, more like losing

i guess i made some bad plays too, but that all because of tilt caused by me not winning as much as i know id win @ PokerStars
      cus there are lot more fishes at this time of day and week

so, got to rethink my strategy ..
      maybe later tonight i have more luck playing against weaker players
      right now .. relatively strong tables, very few showdowns etc
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi vikingxprs,

Yeah, in the morning it is not so fishy like in the evening.

However you should still beat the games. So try to improve your game. Watch our videos and post hands in our hand evaluation forums.

Good luck,
      Hannes
    • Spinnyx
      Spinnyx
      Bronze
      I find a lot of bad beats on william hill
      I have used bbs mss and ss
      Can still not win with AA KK QQ JJ AK
      more than I lose.
      Had 3 Qs on the flop went all in and still lost
      to 4 4 s
      Lots of really bad hands beating mine