Party & BWIN to merge

• 10 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Nice article, thanks.

I agree with you that they should use the party software also, as I believe this could be the difference between success and failure in this merger. Adding the current traffic trends from both sites (should they manage to keep all players) this would certainly boost party to out of Ipoker's reach (although there are at the moment anyway due to Ipoker's server issues) and also with within a hair of Full Tilt.

With a good marketing campain and a few nice first deposit incentives I think Party could actually catch Full tilt with this move (In cash games).
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Thanks for the link, very interesting piece of news. A while back I started a thread about how I expect poker to have another massive rise or even a return of the "gold age" of sorts. My thoughts were (as far as i can remember):
      -that there'd either be someone from outside the industry coming in and taking over one of the established companies in order to use it's own links and distribution power to open new markets and attract massive amounts of new players to the poker room(s)
      -one of the existing service providers would establish an aggressive new strategy to achieve what I described above

Not really sure what exactly I wrote in the thing but it's nice to see something happening that might make that come true. Specially if they really will go after the American market again. They could very well rise above FTP with the new company and might actually give PokerStars a run for their money ... hopefully ...
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I think thats not happening anytime soon. One word:

UIGEA

that is all :f_cool:
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      No not soon. But u just know the competition can't rest even if it is just an announcement and this is the right thing to happen for online poker and maybe even gambling to be pushed into a step forward. Personally, I approve of this very much and I can assume most of the poker community will/does as well. Let's hope it happens within two years.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      By my (probably misguided) estimations, Party would stay 3rd biggest in terms of cash game players online at any one time, but consolidating that position and something to build/invest on:

Rough Estimate
      1) 30k PokerStars
      2) 14k Full Tilt
      4) 5k to (8k) Party/(PartyBwin)
      5) 5k ipoker
      Source: Can't say due to affiliate links

Ofc this isn't the whole picture, you've got tournament/sng'ers & other bits & pieces going on.

I'm sure if you keep an eye on Xantos's awesome confidential blog, further details and stats will be forthcoming over time, assuming this goes ahead ofc.

Any additional synergy cost cutting and additional investment in software, players, tournaments, variants etc is always welcomed in my book.

Best regards,

Bart

Legal notice #1: All figures are just a guess based on internet searches, may be wrong.
      Legal notice #2: Any view expressed is my own as an ordinary member of the community and doesn't necessarily represent that of PokerStrategy.
      Legal notice #3: The posting of too many legal notices may adversely affect the humour I was originally trying to convey by posting them.
      Legal no...... ok I'll stop now :P NURSE... my medication please :D
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      i had money invested in partygaming on march 2010.

unfortunately, the merger talks took too long, there was speculation for failure and the price fell down.

i am still looking for some good profit until the merger takes place and after that.

i have only 1000 shares, but I believe that it is still an important investement.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Reanimater
      i had money invested in partygaming on march 2010.

unfortunately, the merger talks took too long, there was speculation for failure and the price fell down.

i am still looking for some good profit until the merger takes place and after that.

i have only 1000 shares, but I believe that it is still an important investement.
      Party look to be the major benefactors from this new legislation so I think you will onto a winner here. You should get ready to lick your chops! :f_thumbsup: Party shares are already on the increase and I can only seeing them rising for a month or six now after these big plans have been revealed.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=prty.l
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      I'm sure if you keep an eye on Xantos's [...] confidential blog, further details and stats will be forthcoming over time, assuming this goes ahead ofc.
      Didn't want to disappoint you ;)
      http://confidential.pokerstrategy.com/bwin_PartyGaming:_Consequences_of_a_Deal
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I thought they were going to buy up iPoker?
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen
      I thought they were going to buy up iPoker?
      perhaps one day THEY (bwin and partygaming) are going to buy up ipoker : )