[NL2-NL10] 88 NL5 Rush raise too big on river?

• EmanuelC16
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, 8.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 2 folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) 6, J, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.32) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05.

River: ($0.42) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.76, Hero raises to $3.00, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.18.

Villain had somewhere around 3.2 left. Should I just raise to ~2.4? In this case I'm certain I'd never get a call even after a minraise just curious about other similar situations...
  • 4 replies
    • bonecore
      because he bets double the size of the pot he sais he has A high flush draw or nothing ... in this case u want to go all in

think that he has 10$ and he is passive and has A high flush ... he can just flat with A high so u want to stick it all in

nice straight flush hand:)
    • Duudalinja
      I think it's fine. If he bluffed, he won't call anything anyway, so you'll better extract value from hands that are going to call/shove, like As.
    • EmanuelC16
      Now that I think about it I believe KJs makes perfect sense for him to hold here. He tried to trap on the flop, weak bet on the turn with the flush and the overbet on the river to make it look like a bluff and get called by Qs, Ts, trips or anything worse thinking I would only raise As, because no one is gonna put a player they're up against on a straight flush. Really hoped he has the As... if he did I curse the missclicks, 'cause there's no way in hell a NL5 player is gonna lay that down here....
    • Kaitz20
      3$ is fine raise size.
      Since players usually isn´t going to bluffshove all of their stack I think it is better raise size than all-in shove
      If he has there A high flush he´d call, if not then likely folding every other hand