[NL2-NL10] re-raised on the river

• cutegoldfish
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with 3, T.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.7) T, 6, 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.5) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.10, SB calls $1.10.

River: ($3.7) 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.60, SB raises to $7.38, Hero calls $4.78.

Final Pot: $18.46.

i think its obvious he has something better than me. any 2 pair there was going to be better than me. i dont think he has a set though since he would have raised it on the turn or flop. it appears that its the last card that completed whatever he had. i think i cannot move away from the value bet but i could have folded to the CRAI.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      I think he may well have had you beat all the way. The only OESD he could have with 69 on the flop completed by 5 is already completed by the other card on the flop, the T. It's hard to put him on a flush as he called a decent bet on the flop OOP. You can only get value from overpairs here, if that. When he c/r the river he has you beat for sure imho...
    • Duudalinja
      You may bet flop and turn, but definitely check the river, there are so many combos that beat you. I like betting turn, because you protect your hand against some draws, he may bet river bigger than you and that river card is hard to call, at least it seems so for me.
      C/r on river makes sense as if he bets it looks strong and you're folding your marginal holdings anyway, but this way he got an additional bet out of you and if he would be scared by this card or scared at all - he would't raise.
      Just my humble opinion.
    • Kaitz20
      sucks to get c/r there
      If you don´t have history against player you can consider folding, but if he shows you QJ or 88 you wanna kill yourself.
      So with two pair I think b/c is reasonable on the river