[NL2-NL10] TPTK against guy with infinite agg

• cutegoldfish
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      UTG2 raises to $0.35, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.8) T, A, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, UTG2 raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.60.

Turn: ($4.8) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70.

River: ($10.2) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $10.95(All-In), Hero calls $5.40.

Final Pot: $26.55.

opponent raised UTG and has infinite aggression, 23/15. i figured that he would do a re-raise with his entire range. i had A and K blockers so it was more likely that he held on to QQ or Ax, where AT and AJ had me beat. what should i do? fold to the flop re-raise? i thought i would have been ahead very often, yet i was out of position and it was likely he was going to bet the turn again.
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      AK is way ahead of his range PF so I would 3bet for value and for protection. The flop raise makes me wonder, on the turn though you have a decision: are you shoving or folding? No way you can call a bet when you are left with less than half the pot unless you are shoving the river yourself or have the nuts and just want your opponent to stick it in himself. I honestly can't find a way to play for stacks with this hand...
    • fryandspicy
      If you know he has infinite aggression then isn't it best simply to check to him on the flop? Either planning a check-raise or just a check-call. He's guaranteed to bet the flop so why chase out anything he might fold there before he has a chance to?

I'd probably play check-call on every street, assuming i'd seen him triple barrel with air before or his stats said he could. Kind of like how Phil Laak played on the big game week 1.
    • Duudalinja
      I wouldn't 3bet pre against such a UTG raise too often - he's aggro and he has position - bad combo.
      As played without 3betting most likely I would just c/c flop and turn and see the river action. If he's aggro he may 2 barrel a lot of his range, but raising seems like turning our hand into bluff, because what worse hands could call us there? Not many, because flop is damn scary.
      But I don't see reason to donk out the flop as that makes game a lot harder for us. He will fold all hands he could at least cbet with and then, after such a raise, it's a guessing game and tbh I really doubt we're ahead often enough here to commit ourselves.
    • Kaitz20
      3-bet pf is fine. you take initiative and if you hit your tptk hand it is very easy to play against aggressive opponent, just bet/shove flop
      Postflop: don´t like b/c flop, since you can´t call down is he decides to raise. So I either take b/f line or easier c/c calldown line
      as played: I think you should fold turn. he is not complete crazy why is going to try to bluff out quite strong range and very likely he has there AJ+