$10.00
      MP3:
      $10.44
      CO:
      $14.24
      BU:
      $5.62

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 2.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, UTG2 calls $0.10, 6 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 2, 2, 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, UTG1 raises to $0.60, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.55) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, UTG1 raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($6.35) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.20, UTG1 calls $2.20.

Final Pot: $10.75.

i thought that it was likely that opponent was holding on to a overpair. i dont know whether he was going to give that up, but i know that his chances of improving was going to be a 2-outer and i can afford to slowplay. i thought that a raise on the flop was going to push away some overpairs and decided to call instead and lead out on the turn. however on the turn, i thought that it would have been better to raise it all in since he was already pot committed. at the same time, there was also some chances that he might be folding his overpair. i thought that another good line would be to lead out on the river, perhaps a little bigger like 3.50
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yeah, just shove the turn...
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Yeah, just shove the turn...
      +1 in this situation.

There are not many 2x hands in his limping range from UTG, so I wouldn't worry about that and 88 is just "it happens" case, so I think no doubt about going broke, but how?
      I would choose a bit different way. dunno if it's better, but at least different. Same on flop, but I would c/r the turn in case he's going to keep bluff betting, because there are almost no draws I should be afraid of and he may fold some hands against our turn bet here if he's too scary and he made that flop raise with pure bluff. Overall I don't think there's much difference between these lines as if he's willing to go broke he will do it anyway and if he's folding, he's folding anyway, but I always like to get and additional bet out of him in second case.
      Jut my humble opinion.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      bet/call flop, bet turn is interesting line and I like it. if you think he is capable overplaying there overpairs, then just shove turn. I think he won´t fold after putting in that much money