This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2 pair calling river bet

• cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU (Hero):
      $10.34
      SB:
      $10.30
      BB:
      $7.75
      UTG2:
      $11.24
      MP1:
      $14.42
      MP2:
      $10.40
      MP3:
      $10.24

Preflop: Hero is BU with 3, J.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 5, A, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.65) J (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.60, BB calls $1.10.

River: ($3.85) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20.

Final Pot: $8.25.

i thought that i could raise for value on the turn since he was likely to be holding on to AT+, flush draws and straight draws. the call on the turn showed strength and i thought i was possibly behind some A5, A3, AJ, but was still ahead of AQ AK AT, flush draws. the river completed a unlikely straight, and i thought between folding, calling and raising. raising was unlikely to get worse hands to call. folding however was rather weak considering the busted flush draws. what should i have done?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I'd honestly cbet that flop. You have a pair and can represent the A. I don't know what to say about the rest of the hand. I think it's marginal and only the coaches can explain it better.

PS: I too like raising lighter from BU but don't you think J3o is a bit too loose? The table isn't even shorthanded...
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I agree with EmanuelC16 - cbet that flop. If you feel comfortable stealing so wide - do it, you have the position, you have the poweeerrr! :) I would just see what kind of opps are in blinds and then decide steal or not to steal with J3o type of hands.
      My thoughts are - cbet/f flop, but as played I would just call turn and river as checking A high flop as preflop aggressor and then raising turn looks kinda weird and if he's betting turn and river - he has to have something in mind.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think even I won´t open Bu with J3 (and I open all sort of crap :D )
      I would also prefer c-bet board, since likely you don´t get c/r almost never there
      I would only just call river bet, since I think you see either missed draw that isn´t going to call re-raise or often better hand than yours.