$11.24
      MP1:
      $14.42
      MP2:
      $10.40
      MP3:
      $10.24

Preflop: Hero is BU with 3, J.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 5, A, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.65) J (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.60, BB calls $1.10.

River: ($3.85) 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20.

Final Pot: $8.25.

i thought that i could raise for value on the turn since he was likely to be holding on to AT+, flush draws and straight draws. the call on the turn showed strength and i thought i was possibly behind some A5, A3, AJ, but was still ahead of AQ AK AT, flush draws. the river completed a unlikely straight, and i thought between folding, calling and raising. raising was unlikely to get worse hands to call. folding however was rather weak considering the busted flush draws. what should i have done?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I'd honestly cbet that flop. You have a pair and can represent the A. I don't know what to say about the rest of the hand. I think it's marginal and only the coaches can explain it better.

PS: I too like raising lighter from BU but don't you think J3o is a bit too loose? The table isn't even shorthanded...
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I agree with EmanuelC16 - cbet that flop. If you feel comfortable stealing so wide - do it, you have the position, you have the poweeerrr! :) I would just see what kind of opps are in blinds and then decide steal or not to steal with J3o type of hands.
      My thoughts are - cbet/f flop, but as played I would just call turn and river as checking A high flop as preflop aggressor and then raising turn looks kinda weird and if he's betting turn and river - he has to have something in mind.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think even I won´t open Bu with J3 (and I open all sort of crap :D )
      I would also prefer c-bet board, since likely you don´t get c/r almost never there
      I would only just call river bet, since I think you see either missed draw that isn´t going to call re-raise or often better hand than yours.