This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Full house in a free play situation

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

as you can see in the title of this thread, I was in a free play situation with a less than stellar hand and flopped a full house. I decided to slow play and check/call. What can not be seen in the below illustration is that I checked rather quickly (after a few seconds, not immediately) but called only near to the end of my time limit. I waited a long time before the min reraise on the turn but was not patient enough on the river and shoved immediately. I had very few hands (7) on my opponent, but in those, his VPIP was 71.5. I min reraised him on the turn because I was afraid he will not continue with raising on the river after two calls and I wasn't sure if he would call a bigger reraise. This is also the reason why I bet on the river.

I'd like to know, if I could possibly extract more money from my opponent with another approach.

Thank you in advance for the evaluation!
      Best wishes!

No-Limit Hold'em, $.05/$.10 (HHConverter by Kreatief)
      Visit HHDealer to purchase hand histories from a range of sites, game types and stakes.

SB ($2.00)
      BB ($2.28) (Hero)
      UTG+1 ($3.65)
      UTG+2 ($1.70)
      MP1 ($9.03)
      MP2 ($11.07)
      MP3 ($2.00)
      CO ($0.90)
      BTN ($12.23)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , 8:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks,

Flop: T:club: , T:heart: , 8:diamond: ( $0.3 )
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.30, 1 folds, Hero calls $0.30,

Turn: Q:spade: ( $0.9 )
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $0.80, MP1 calls $0.40,

River: A:heart: ( $2.5 )
      Hero bets $1.08, 1 folds,
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey Dback357,

I like the flopplay and mostly this has my preference as shortstack.

The Turn acts as a connected card so I would suggest you lead out here for $0.6-$0.5 so you can safely shove the river. Thing with c/Raising in general is even Fish are perceiving it as supernuts

Good luck on the tables!
      Best regards,

Gerv
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello Gerv,

thanks, I'll try the bet on the turn next time.

Best wishes!
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Yeah betting the turn is the correct line or check calling if you're sure villain will bet. Check raising the turn kills your value betting on the river and/or gets the fish to almost surely fold right then and there. Also had a couple of similar situations and came to the same conclusion. And both the times I had checked raised to a biggish raise on the turn, where I thought the fish had committed enough to the pot I thought he'd call, not against a smallish raise. So the fish actually folded leaving a couple $ in the pot. I'm talking about BSS though, but I don't think this situation is any different with different stack sizes :s_cry: