$5.03
      Hero:
      $2.27
      UTG1:
      $1.07
      MP3:
      $3.94

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , J:heart:
      UTG1 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, 2 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.16) J:spade: , T:diamond: , J:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, 3 folds.

Final Pot: $0.24

I decided to play my strong hand aggressively because it seemed unlikely original raiser would cbet in such a large pot with nothing. However, I could probably afford to give a free card on this board, as there are no flush draws and it's rare anyone has a straight draw. Should I check if this situation comes up again some time?
  • 4 replies
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      about your preflop call :

depending on the preflop min-raiser i somethimes tend to fold AJo there...

AJo is a difficult hand to play out of position , and not preflop agressor ...
      in this case u got 3 opponents and have to call 1 minraise ... 0.02 in 0.14 ... so i think it is good call because of pot odds ...but again if raise was 0.06 i would fold AJ there

with that minraise i think he usually has a bad hand there ... no good player makes that kind of raise... dont know the 2 callers what could they have

on flop .. you are against 3 players so ... i would never sloplay, i would bet flop 100% of time... exept if i have a maniac after me

Hope it helps
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      very helpful thanks.

About the preflop call: It was purely because of the minuscule raise. I play starting hands chart. :f_biggrin:
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I would squeeze it as I don't like AJo in 4 way pot and initial raise seemed more like joke to me and folding seems too weak.
      As played donking is fine, giving free card may cost us too much so I'm just looking way to ship it in.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      consider it is only min-raise I think call is fine, although you can also 3-bet pf, since you likely have the best hand
      I would go c/r on that board. very likely is that either UTG1 or other players would bet on the flop and then you can c/r for value and play for stacks