offered 56% rakeback on ipoker

• nefarious26
      i know i-poker don't allow standard rake back but i hear affiliates can offer "under the table" rake the figure of 56% was mentioned, i presume this is very common practise, does anyone know anybody that receives this and are there any negatives to this?
  • 4 replies
    • oblitron
      Affiliates can give back anything they want. Some give cash, some give gift vouchers, books, t-shirts, etc, Pokerstrategy gives training. And the Strategypoints you earn depend on your rake, so it is a form of rakeback, but you are being paid in training, not in cash or tangible goods.

Still, giving back 56% of one's rake wouldn't make any sense (they could attract lots of players just by giving 25% when the norm is 0), especially when you add this on top of the loyalty schemes offered by iPoker sites. Unless, of course, you're talking about propping.
    • nefarious26
      no its just 56% rake paid monthly, you dont get sign up bonus or reload, you dont get bonus for your points and you cant redeem points either
    • luitzen
      I've been playing on XXX [Edited by EagleStar88] for a while now and even though their traffic is really awful, their reward system is quite good. Because of the low number of players it's very easy to make it to the leader boards, when you're silver you'll get a monthly reload bonus and the rake is low. I haven't calculated it, but I suspect that reload bonus (I calculated that reload bonus rakeback was around 48%-52%) + leader boards is easily over 50% rakeback. When you compare SnG rake to PartyPoker SnG rake it's even up to 75% 'rakeback', because rake at SnG tables on micro stakes is extremely high at PartyPoker. On PokerTime you play 25cts rake over €2,50 SnGs, on PartyPoker, your $3 buy in includes 60cts rake.
    • EagleStar88
      Hi guys,

I'm sorry, but we really can't allow this type of discussion to continue for two main reasons:

1. As you've already mentioned, ipoker network do not allow any affiliates to provide rakeback (in terms of monthly cash). ipoker have taken action before against rougue/unofficial affiliates that have breached this in the past and I suspect this will continue to do so. We would not wish to put our members into a position where they could lose their accounts and/or access to the ipoker network.
      2. PokerStrategy always look to provide market leading arrangements with it's partner poker rooms. It works closely and fairly with these partners to maximise the return to it's membership and cannot therefore allow the discussion, advertising or linking of competitor poker rooms and/or affiliates.

Our ipoker partners have some great VIP/loyalty schemes which provide a form of rakeback to players and of course on top of this PokerStrategy provide members with access to the finest and most comprehensive educational material, free live coaching from hugely experienced players, sample hand forums, coaching videos not to mention various other ad hoc events and promotions.

I trust you will appreciate the reasons for closing this thread.

Best regards,

Also for reference: Board Rules

Rule 3: No advertising

• No requests or offers for private money transfers
      • No advertising of affiliate offers/poker sites, who finance themselves through affiliate marketing
      • No soliciting from poker rooms that we do not collaborate with
      • Only our coaches and video producers are permitted to offer private coaching (private poker lessons)

Warning: If we have reason to suspect that an advert has been placed with the intent of making sustainable profit, we will assume that we are not dealing with a normal member but with a competitor, and will reserve our explicit right to take legal action for breach of competition law as well as our right to claim for damages.