$1.59
      UTG2:
      $2.16
      MP1:
      $1.91
      MP2:
      $1.33

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.07, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.06, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.16) 2, 5, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP1 calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.46) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP1 calls $0.35.

River: ($1.16) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP1 raises to $1.34, Hero calls $0.94.

Final Pot: $3.84.

The only reason I called was the pot odds , but now it seems so donkish .
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Don't like donking it here. c/c flop depending on bet sizes. Fold turn. Ace made a straight, you are screwed.
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      I like the donk bet on flop, the flop is draw he might have A in his range and u want to defend both agaisnt the staright and the overcards.
      betting the turn could be and option not to give free cards to hands that have outs agaisnt you, but check is better beacuse its very unlikely weaker hands will call, there are possible 2 pair combination in his range in case he had conneted suitors, and of course the ace is very possible.
      So if u check 2 pair might bet, but usualy dont cause they have more showdown value( or maybe he will value bet river)
      A is still the 2nd nuts so a big chance he might check behind,
      but he might bet a hand like KQ or some over hands that didnt hit as a bluff, so its check call turn(fold if he is a passive opponent), check fold\call river according to your read.
      on the river its check fold after u bet twice u shown a lot of strengh on such scary board, your opponent rarely bluffs in my opinion.

ps, preflop i like it more to 3bet with JJ, especialy oop.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Worst turn card ever. And even worst river card ever.

Every hand has been completed here. FD and SD with A. Most likely that is what he has.

So yeah, c/f turn
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

There are no bad options on the flop, if you know nothing about his c-betting tendencies, both donking out and checking to him are fine.

On the turn unless you can somehow take out worse overpairs from his range betting against is fine, you can still get value from that as well as flushdraws. I'd make it a bit smaller tho. If you think he'd raise an overpair on the flop then you can only valuebet against flushdraws, which are probably not as numerous as random Ax hands in the range of an unknown nl2 player, so check/folding would be good.

River seals it, just check/fold it you beat nothing whatsoever.

Hope it helps.