CO: $2.84

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has K:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.08, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.18, 2 players) 3:spade: 9:heart: Q:heart:
      Hero bets $0.14, CO calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.46, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero bets $0.35

I called preflop since it's just a minraise from late position. Should I maybe 3bet him or fold here?

On flop I bet 3/4 of pot because of draws. Is this a spot where I could check raise him? I think he's contibeting here, but I'm not sure.

Turn is one of the worst cards for me. If he bets I can't call and I could still have a best hand, so I think bet/folding is my best option here, and if he calls I'm check/folding river. Should I play it diferently?
      Also I think I bet too much on turn. 2/3 of pot should be better here?
  • 3 replies
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      i think u played the hand fine, 3bet preflop might be possible if u think he will call with weaker hand- connected suitors, small pockets, KJ,QJ,QT,KT.. still i think calling is ok.
      donking flop ok, check raise also possible to defend the hand( problem with this line is that u often isolate urself agaisnt a better hand)
      betting turn is possible, but maybe checking is better if he is aggressive- to induce a bluff- he bets u call, will he bluff again on river? what hands might he value bet on river? for that line u have to have more info and feel for your opponent.
      against unknown bet folding probably is the best line.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      You may throw a 3bet here, but I think calling is fine. Folding KQ seems just too weak against minraise.
      He may be cbetting flop and he may not, so I like donking over c/r and he may still call with a worse hands.
      Turn card sucks, his worse hands range you can vbet against narrows down, but I would still b/f, because c/f seems too weak and you can't really play c/c blindly. Bet sizing seems fine as you don't wanna look like you want to bet, but are just too scared by that card to do it with solid size.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You should prefer 3-betting preflop when your opponent is on the tough side, because KQo is kinda weak to play out of position against a good, aggressive opponent at small stakes. At microstakes, your opponents are usually bad enough that you can play with a call profitably, because they won't valuebet you thin enough when ahead and they won't bluff at you with good enough frequencies that it's a pain for you to play even out of position.

On the flop both options are fine, but if you start check/raising it will be with the assumption that villain will bet/call with like draws and worse pairs, so you'll have to bet/call off a blank turn and call it off if he jams the flop, or possibly just throw your hand away if villain happens to bet/jam on the flop and you think he's somewhat tight with raises. Simply put if he won't bet worse hands on his own just lead out, otherwise let him do his thing, and take it from there.

On the turn I don't really mind check/folding, we lead out on the flop mostly because we thought he wouldn't valuebet thin enough nor bluff too often, otherwise we should have checked to him. So there is no reason why he should start going crazy bluffy/valuebetty on us on that turn. Since the hands he could call another valuebet with are few anyway, the value in a bet is thinnish to begin with. If you think he'd call again worse Qx hands go ahead and fire out 2/3, otherwise check/folding is usually better.

Hope it helps.