This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo NL5 Rush OOP

• EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $4.72
      MP3:
      $4.15
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $2.48
      SB:
      $7.53
      BB:
      $13.20
      UTG1:
      $0.52
      UTG2:
      $8.38
      MP1 (Hero):
      $10.46

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, MP2 raises to $0.25, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.57) 7, J, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($0.57) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30.

River: ($1.17) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.17.

3bet is so small I have to call. When he checks I sense weakness. Turn card is perfect to represent TT. When he calls I think he has some pair that has showdown value if I don't follow up on the river. So although I might still be ahead of AQ, KQ sometimes here I decide to b/f river. Comments?
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Betting turn is fine, he may just give up and your happy bout it, because he really showed weakness by not cbetting. But I wouldn't bet river. If he called turn he may have some piece of hand he could call again and you have just A high.
      But, as one of the judges said - trust your guts. :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I try to make my guts have the same opinion as my mind... When they agree I usually just go ahead.. When guts say one thing and my mind is like:"Are you gonna trust your stomach or me??!!!" it's like flipping a coin... waaaaaay more to work on :f_cool:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      with AK you can also 4-bet pf to 0.8$ to take back initiative and it is easy to play postflop if you hit your tptk
      postflop: I like how you played it. if he went for pot control I think he would often better hands, like 7x, 9x to your river bet, since board went quite crazy for one pair hands
      I really doubt he is going to call you down with A high hand, but if he does, then you also beat his calldowning range :)