[NL2-NL10] AKo NL5 Rush OOP

• EmanuelC16
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, MP2 raises to $0.25, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.57) 7, J, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($0.57) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30.

River: ($1.17) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.17.

3bet is so small I have to call. When he checks I sense weakness. Turn card is perfect to represent TT. When he calls I think he has some pair that has showdown value if I don't follow up on the river. So although I might still be ahead of AQ, KQ sometimes here I decide to b/f river. Comments?
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Betting turn is fine, he may just give up and your happy bout it, because he really showed weakness by not cbetting. But I wouldn't bet river. If he called turn he may have some piece of hand he could call again and you have just A high.
      But, as one of the judges said - trust your guts. :)
    • EmanuelC16
      I try to make my guts have the same opinion as my mind... When they agree I usually just go ahead.. When guts say one thing and my mind is like:"Are you gonna trust your stomach or me??!!!" it's like flipping a coin... waaaaaay more to work on :f_cool:
    • Kaitz20
      with AK you can also 4-bet pf to 0.8$ to take back initiative and it is easy to play postflop if you hit your tptk
      postflop: I like how you played it. if he went for pot control I think he would often better hands, like 7x, 9x to your river bet, since board went quite crazy for one pair hands
      I really doubt he is going to call you down with A high hand, but if he does, then you also beat his calldowning range :)